Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Verdict Is In

I'm sitting at work today doing some paperwork. My cell phone rings and it is MD Anderson hospital. A million things begin to go through my mind as I answer the phone. It's one of Kendall's PA's(physician assistants)calling to tell me some news about Kendall. She says that Kendall no longer needs to have anymore lumbar punctures or chemotherapy. Kendall is 100% tumor free and she has 0% leukemic cells. Speechless! All of Kendall's test results from last week were very good. At this point, I don't seem to hear anything else. The last 7 1/2 months flash before my eyes. Is it really over. Can Kendall come home to stay this time? I didn't know what to say. I hang up the phone and almost instantly get a phone call from Kendall. I will never forget the excitement in her voice as she begins to tell me what the doctor told her today. I tried so hard to reach through the phone and hug her. This is almost over and we can make that final journey back home. Then I talked to Tammy and the excitement continued. Tammy was crying so much I could barely hold mine back.

After several hours of the news sinking in...it was such a relief to finally just say out loud that Kendall's cancer is gone. Can she now resume her life before it was so abruptly changed?

Dylan and myself are going out to Houston this weekend for one last visit. Then Dylan and Tammy will come home while I finish out Kendall's journey in Houston for the next couple of weeks. It will be so great to load up the apartment and head for home.

I can't wait!!!!!!


John 16:32
But a time is coming, and has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

16 comments:

  1. Amen! God is good! We love you and can't wait to see you back in Gardendale.

    Donny and Sissy Headley

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD!! I am so glad to hear that this tough journey Kendall has been on is finally coming to a successful end! I knew that she would overcome it, and now, she will have many Exciting Journeys to look forward to in her life! I know everyone is letting out a huge sigh of relief!! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU! Give Kendall tons of hugs for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such great news! I hope the next couple of weeks go by fast and y'all make it home safe.

    Paige Abbott

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome GOD we serve!!! Sending up prayers of "THANKS" for Kendall receiving such great news!!

    And my GOD will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19

    Kim Smith
    Jemison, AL

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible news! that is so awesome. though i don't comment often, i still read all your updates and pray for kendall. GOD IS SO GOOD.
    blessings to all of you!
    jamie whitt
    (a friend of bonnie martin's)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL NEWS. I AM SO GLAD. GOD BE PRAISED FOR HIS MERCY AND GRACE. GIVE KENDALL A BIG HUG. HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU.
    LOVE AUNT DONNA

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so happy for your family

    The Medveds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Jesus our prayers are answered! Whitney told me the news yesterday and it brought me to tears! I am glad this chapter is your lives is over and you can move onto another one. Congrats Kendall way to fight!!!

    We love you all,
    Randall, Jessica, Madison & Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jesus for answering our prayers. When whitney emailed me the good news yesterday, Randall and I got so excited. We are so glad you can finally finish this chapter in your life and move onto another on. Kendall way to fight we are soo proud of you and know God is doing amazing things thru you!

    We love you and cant wait for you to get home!

    Randall, Jessica, Madison, & Cooper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Team Kendall,

    I'm claiming thanks today in all forms. How many ways can it be expressed. Thanks. Thanks to all the drs and nurses who impacted this journey, thanks to the researchers and physicians who tested and perfected the procedures, thanks to friends for prayers and good thoughts, thanks to strangers for a kind word or uplifting gesture, thanks to family for unending support, thanks to GOD for everything. I know I left out stuff.

    Lifting up prayer...recognizing all the wondrous things the Lord has done for us, I praise and rejoice the blessings and countless gifts of love. With a joyful heart and blessed peace,I with many others, stand in awe. God is indeed the great Almighty. May all voices raise up in worship.

    Hurry home!

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, Praise God, miracles can and do happen everyday. I am so happy for all of you for the great news & the fact that you will all be together again. Big Hugs to all. See you soon. Love ya. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is marvelous news!! We never doubted your determination and God's hand in this. We hope to see you soon and keep working hard!!

    Love,
    The Ganns
    Randy, Sandy, and Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praise God, he is so awesome. And what a wonderful time to hear this great news. Jesus resurrection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading this on Easter - Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank GOD! I have prayed each and every night for this wonderful miracle that GOD has provided for your family. I am so happy for you that I could just about explode! You guys are so deserving of this wonderful miracle! Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Praise God! That is wonderful! I've been following this blog for months now and praying for all of you, and even though I've never met any of you this brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for you all!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete