Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just a Post, No Title

Is it not normal to assume that the more you do something the easier it becomes to do? That as you develop a routine or a pattern in your life, that you get better at it. Well....this was not the case this past Sunday as Dylan and I came back home from Houston. Kendall was at the hospital starting her chemo. As the time drew near for us to go I could tell by Kendall's facial expression that this was not going to be an easy goodbye. I went to hug her and felt her tears fall on my arm. It was almost more than I could handle. I told her that it's almost over and that she will be home soon. I didn't want to let go because now, I once again felt like I was helpless. She told me she would be ok and to go. I did manage to leave the room before my tears began to fall. I quickly wiped my eyes before I met Tammy and Dylan in the lobby.

Dylan and me caught a cab to take us to the airport and as we pulled away I saw Tammy standing on the second floor lobby waving goodbye. This is that part of not getting any easier. It gets harder. But Dylan was excited, this was his first cab ride. And was he ever excited. He watched in amazement as we winded through Houston to the airport. Not only was this his first cab ride but his first airplane ride. We went through check in ok and then boarded the plane. He sat in the window seat and could not have made his smile any wider. He was bouncing around and I had to tell him to be still. The trip was smooth, no bumps and Dylan said from now on that's how he wants to travel...is by plane.

Kendall finished up her treatments and is now settling in for the recovery part. She was not feeling good the first couple of days but started feeling a little better last night. I hope this part of it is easier for Tammy and Kendall this time. I still can't help but worry about both of them, though.

Dylan and I will have a chance to bond some more with his new Christmas present that Santa brought him.....so Chase...all I can say is "game on". We also will get a chance to enjoy this cold weather for a change...maybe it will snow in Gardendale this time.


1 John 4:18
"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... "

7 comments:

  1. Good morning TK,

    Today's quote..."No one has ever injured their eyesight by looking at the bright side of things." - Unknown

    Am sitting here waiting for the snow to hit. Not sure what to expect, but I've been told it's coming down in western Alabama and it's just a matter of time now. We'll see.

    Prayers today in thanksgiving for all that is bestowed upon us. God routinely gives us blessings that have absolutely nothing to do with our abilities, desires or determination. For instance, being born American...having parents who wanted me...my heritage and traditions from long ago family. Thank you for blessing us. Open our eyes, minds and hearts to see your goodness and recognize all you provide. Let our shouts of thanks ring joyously in heaven.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll Tide Friday!!!!

    The snow sort of petered out...but I got a half day off work...Praises.

    In keeping with this week's mission to stay happy, here are a number of blessing/thanks/happy quotes to ponder...

    "My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents, and I lay them both at His feet." - Mahatma Ghandi

    "When you have truly thanked God for every blessing sent, there is little time left over for complaint or lament." - Hannah Moore

    "When I started counting my blessings, my whole lifed turned around." - Willie Nelson

    "What seems to us bitter trials are often blessings in disguise." - Oscar Wilde

    Prayers today are general in nature, for God knows what is good for us. Thank you Lord for what we have escaped and thank you for keeping us in the dark about what we have escaped. Thank you for people who make us happy and help our souls blossom. Be with us today.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even believe that I forgot to mention it was Elvis' birthday today.

    Have a hunk-a hunk-a burning love cake!!!

    See you guys soon

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kendall and Family,

    Just keep hanging in there though the bad times, the good times are on there way. Look though the clouds for the rainbow.

    Love and prayers
    Debra Bearden
    Adamsville, Al.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning TK,

    Hoping this day finds you feeling well and ready to start the week with gusto!!!

    Today's quote..."Make your life a masterpiece." Tony Robbins

    We all live "ordinary" lives...get up, work, kids, house, sleep, do it all over again. Only when something "extra-ordinary" happens do we really take into account what our lives mean, or more accurately, can mean. So this week's mission is to be the best me I can be. I can't be perfect, perfection is God's job, but I can reach for perfect and fall short in the wonderful category...lol. Maybe. Excellent would be good too.

    Prayers today for fulfilling our lives' purpose; for recognizing what we can do, believing we can accomplish and start moving in that direction. Lord, please help us in this journey and keep us focused. Chase away all the doubt and replace it with your hope and love. Give us people who encourage and inspire. Thank you Lord for all we have. Please keep Kendall on her path to health and keep her family strong in their battle to help her.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl, Tammy, Kendall and family, I know that yall are far into this journey, but always know that Kendall is one of the strongest people that I know, and she has shown it time and time again! I hope this round of treatment goes smoother than the last and I hope she gets to go home soon! I Love All of you, and I pray for you all every single day! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Humpday TK,

    Am still on my "be the best you can be" brigade. Just so you know, I'm failing miserably, but I am trying. LOL.

    Missing you guys terribly. Even though Daryl and Dylan are home, we haven't really seen them in a couple of weeks...everyone's so busy. Am going through the days with the thought that no news is good news and hoping Kendall's journey is gentle this round.

    Today's thought..."We are built to conquer, solve and achieve. We find no real satisfaction in life without obstacles and goals." - Maxwell Maltz

    Prayers today in thanksgiving for our need to fix, to be prepared and to overcome. Thank you Lord for whatever it is you blessed us with to make sure we have a plan B; to be ready for challenges and to be flexible in our plans. Pour down your love on us. Let us realize your presence within us and let us praise you with every breath. I ask this in your name, the Almighty.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete