Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas. As I try and catch you up with Kendall, I also want to thank you for everything you have done for Kendall and our family during this time. The holidays was even more of an opportunity to spend time with family, friends and loved ones.

Kendall, Tammy, Dyan and myself made the long drive back out to Houston on December 30th. Kendall was able to spend Christmas and her birthday at home. Which is what she wanted. She was constantly on the go. But her blood counts and energy level were good so she was able to do a lot. None of us were looking forward to the long drive. But Kendall was a little anxious to get started so she can be through. Dlyan is still out of school so what better way than to bring in the new year than in Houston. Ok, so I can think of several things that would be better than having to be in Houston,but we were all together.

Kendall did her blood lab workup on New Years Eve and everything is fine. Everything has about returned to normal. We were able to clear up some confusion about the remainder of Kendall's stay. Is it 6 treatments or 7 treatments......well it's both. It's 6 consolidation treatments with 1 induction treatment for a total of 7. So Kendall will have to be out here for another month or so taking it to late March for her treatments to be through.

Tammy is going to stay out here with Kendall for the next round so I can be home with Dylan for a while. Besides, I told Kendall that she could no longer be in the bald club unless she cuts her hair. Her hair has started growing in really thick now and I was feeling lonely because she could now brush her hair and I still could not. I guess I really noticed it on her birthday. I had went to work that day and when I got home, I went in her room to see how her day had went. I looked at her and noticed that she had "fixed" her hair. It was brushed down. It was beautiful. Those eyes were so big and bold and she was glowing with her smile. I could tell she was really excited that she was able to "fix" her hair.

Numbers 6:24-26
"The LORD bless you and keep you;the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

7 comments:

  1. I have been following Kendall's blog for several months. Thanks for the updates that you give. My 25 year old daughter was diagonised with AML in January 2003. She was treated here in Birmingham @ Brookwood Hospital by Dr. Lisa Larson. We will celebrate her 7 year remisson anniversary on Valentine's Day. We were able to be here in Birmingham for Kelly's treatments (she was in the hospital 90 days over a 5 month period) but I feel so much of what you have posted. The hair loss, blood counts, platlets, ups and downs etc. From me to you and Tammy, as a parent, just keep hanging in there. I can tell Kendall, is a strong young lady. My prayers are with you all.
    God Bless
    Debra Bearden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that the Lord blesses you all even more in 2010! Keep seeking Him for your strength, endurance and comfort. March will be here before you know it! I know those eyes are gorgeous whether adorned with hair or without. Keep the Faith!
    Love & Prayers
    Karen Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. TK,

    I pray that this New Year brings TOTAL healing to Kendall. I'm thrilled to hear the results so far and that Kendall is anxious to 'finish this'. It must have been so very theraputic for you all to be together over the holidays and Kendalls birthday!! What a blessing to celebrate Christ with friends and family. I will continue to pray for you all and too, will be looking forward to March. May God Bless you all.

    Love,

    Denise Tubbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so good to see such great updates on Kendall! So, Kendall's able to "fix" her hair now! What a great gift for Christmas and her birthday to feel good enough to enjoy the holidays! I am glad that you all were able to be together for that, and the family was surely thrilled to have yall home! GOD BLESS YOU ALL! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall, Tammy, Daryl and Dylan
    I am so glad ya'll made it back to
    Houston safely. Kendall happy belated birthday to you. I know with
    being home your birthday turned out
    great. Happy New Year to each of you. Kendall, your progress is such
    good news and with a new year and
    with each day, I know God will
    continue to see you through this
    journey and you will be back in
    Gardendale before you know it.
    Hope ya'll were able to see the
    Auburn Bowl game. It was unbelievable.
    We think of ya'll daily. Blessings
    to all.
    We love ya'll
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you all.... I am glad your bday and holidays were soooo good. How great that you were able to be home. March will be here before you know it and hopefully and prayerfully that will be it. Talk to you soon.
    Love Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Humpday TK...

    I guess you heard we're expecting snow....wooohooo. The weather-guessers are saying 1-2 inches -- we'll see!!

    I try to start each week with a new goal...such as, no gossip, or maybe be extra positive, or give an extra $ tip. This week's aim is acknowledging happiness.

    Ten things that make me happy are: my dog, dvd seasons of LOST, Noah and Emma, leftovers, crochet, parking inside the garage, 1st cup of coffee of the day, friends, freedom and family. I just can't leave off faith.

    Today's quote..."The US Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness - only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up to it yourself." - Benjamin Franklin

    Prayers for balancing the satisfaction of having and the need to want more. Lord please inspire us today to look for happiness in what we have, what we are capable of, and our ability to have choices. Let us all shine with positive attitudes and bring that light to another's day. Thank you Father for providing all we need. We are truly blessed.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete