Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting...Listening...Hearing!

Have you ever stopped and looked back at how fast time REALLY moves. It's already been a week since my last post. Since then the road to recovery has been really hard for Kendall. She continues to struggle through this round of chemotherapy. I talk to her every day and even though I can't see her facial expressions, I can tell that she doesn't feel well. The chemo has really taken it out of her this time. They seem to be getting harder for her every time. She has not been eating very well and doesn't have the energy to do a whole lot. Tammy said she had a hard time going to the doctor today. Her levels were very low today. She had to get 2 units of blood and 2 units of platelets. Tammy said that her color came back a little today after the blood transfusion. As with every treatment, she has always fought back and continues to do so this time. Her schedule is starting to run behind though as her body slowly heals back. Kendall said she is determined to get through the next couple of rounds so she can come home for good. One day at a time seems to be running into weeks. It's all going by so fast, yet sometimes during the day I don't think I will ever get to see the day come to an end.

It's been so cold in Gardendale lately, we don't get out but to go to work or school. Plus, with Tammy and Kendall in Houston, it makes for long nights. Dylan and me have been good. The house isn't a disaster and we are managing to do homework, wash clothes and make dinner. What more can you ask for.

We still aren't sure when Kendall will try and make a trip home after this treatment. With the schedule running behind, it's harder to try and plan anything. Over the next week, we should be able to firm things up. Although we know that everything can change on a moments notice. We have at least adapted to that.

Tammy is holding up alright. She does tell me though that it's hard out there when Kendall is sick. But Tammy has plenty of puzzles that occupy her time. Well, now I'm just rambling so I'll just say thank you for thinking of Kendall and we appreciate all of you more than you know.


Job 32:11
I waited while you spoke, I listened to your reasoning; while you were searching for words,


I do that alot...waiting...listening...and understanding...trying to understand what has happened in the past 5 months. I could name a ton of important stuff that has happened in the past 5 months, but probably everyone would forget in the next 5 months. The things that I choose to mention are the love for my family, the warmth from our friends and the faith from God above.

11 comments:

  1. Good morning TK,

    Wow, it really has been only a week since the last post...it seems like forever ago...

    Ok, so this sickness is testing Kendall's character again. You'd think it'd learn by now that she has plenty...Kendall, just dip into your stash and pull out some strength, attitude, bravado and strut and then shove it right down the old leuk throat...that ought to do it.

    Today's quote..."Success doesn't come to you...you go get it." - Marva Collins

    Prayers today for the Thomas/Sutton family to continue in their efforts to support Kendall, for the wherewithall to conquer pain and depression, for understanding and comfort. Lord bless us all with your almighty love and keep us looking to you for guidance. Show us how to be people of faith. Wash away our doubt and replace it with peace and hope. Thank you Lord.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. We continue to pray and wish Kendall didn't have to go through this, but continue to be blessed by her strength. I look each day for a new post but know when there isn't one, that you all need our prayers. Hold on and know God loves you and knows the desires of your heart: getting Kendall well and home. Love y'all. Ann & Nick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall, there is not a day goes by that I don't think about you and your war w/leukemia. I pray everyday that you will continue to get stronger and better and continue to fight til you have won...... Stay strong. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendall and Tammy,
    I was so glad to see the post from
    Daryl today. Kendall, my prayers
    are for you to have good days but if
    you need extra rest, do it and don't
    worry about the future. Before you
    know it, you will be back to your old
    schedule of school and all the ole
    fun activities you had with your friends. You know, God never gives
    us more than we can handle. With
    God's help, you just have to reach
    deeper inside yourself for more
    intestional fortitude and I know you
    have so much more. We think of you
    everyday and love you very much.
    Tammy, my email is still not working.
    Hope to get it fixed next week. As
    soon as I do I will email you.
    I love all of you and am so glad
    Dylan and Daryl are doing okay.
    Love,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. We continue to think about you and pray for you daily. We check the post every day to see how you are all doing. You are so strong and faithful and I know you will continue to stay that way. We have learned so much about love, perseverence, and faith from you. Stay strong!!
    Love,
    *****, Sandy, and Hayden ****

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why our names didn't post correctly. Just know the Ganns are thinking about and praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could just give you all a big hug and make everything better for y'all. Just hold on to your faith and God will be the great physician. I pray daily for all of you. I pray that Kendall will gain her strength and maintain her courage and faith. Although it has been good seeing you at work Daryl- I wish you were in Texas where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday TK,

    We're well on our way to another glorious weekend.

    Prayers today for Kendall to bounce back in recovery like never before, that she feels like having some fun this weekend and that she and Tammy get out and play. Shine your light Lord on Kendall and her family and replenish in them the strength and determination to continue on, keep them focused and clear their pathway to health. Thank you for our faith.

    Today's quote..."Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines." - Robert Schuller

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kendall and Tammy just want you to know that you are constantly on my mind and in my prayers all during the day and night. I keep up with how you feel and what you did each day with Chase but sometimes boys are real short and to the point. So getting complete details is hard. But know you are thought of so much and prayers are spoken so many times thru the day in your name. Hope today you are feeling better and stronger.
    Remember that this time will pass!!!! It is coming to the end and you will be back to your routine.

    LOVe you much,
    Ms. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya TK,

    I heard last night through the grapevine, that you all have booked a flight. Wooooo-hooooo!!!
    Tammy, we're planning a Sip'nStrokes girl night...

    Dinner last night at the Mauldins included Karsyn and Co. We surely missed you two, but had a grand time playing with Ms. Uh-Oh.

    Prayers today for claiming this week and everything good about it in the name of the Lord. Thank you Father for our world and all that exists within it. Thank you for justice, for talent, for our sense of duty and right/wrong. Thank you for courage and fear, for they both bless us. Thank you for time and I pray that we use it wisely and in love and service to you. All praise and glory...

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    PS...Today's Quote..."Prayers go up and blessings come down." - Yiddish proverb

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's Humpday...

    Hiya TK,

    Got your message Tammy and am ready for a
    parr-rrr--rrttyyy.

    Today's quote..."You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

    Prayers today in thanksgiving for the upcoming break in treatment and the opportunity to once again come together with family and friends. I thank you Lord for the people in my life who ultimately make me a better person. I thank you for my struggles, for they make me work harder. Thank you for my family who supports me no matter what. Thank you.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete