Friday, December 4, 2009

Snow Is Falling

Thursday came and went so fast, I don't know what happened. We went to the doctor first thing Thursday for blood work. Kendall's counts were improving a little but still not as fast as they have been. Her white blood cells doubled to .6 which is still not very good but at least it's on the way up. Kendall had to have platelets so we were able to spend the day at the hospital. So much fun!!! Hopefully this should be the last time she receives blood for this cycle. We went back to the apartment and Kendall took a nap. She has been having some pain over the last couple of days. Kendall stayed in bed the rest of the night except when I had her watch the Gardendale Christmas Parade with me on the internet. Someone had posted a live internet feed to watch it. I really missed being there this year. This is the first parade I have ever missed. I'm usually working the parade at an intersection. I love the parades but am glad I got to see it.

So I wake up this morning to snow falling. Can you believe it, snow in Houston? Been snowing all morning and still snowing hard right now. Don't think it's sticking though, the ground is too warm. I ran and got Kendall out of bed and she was excited for about 3 minutes and then went back to bed. Maybe the snow will work its way to Birmingham. I know Dylan wants to see some snow really bad.

The doctor called this morning and we talked about Kendall's schedule for the holidays. They don't want to postpone her treatment for too long but it looks like we will be home for Christmas and most likely for her birthday. That's of course still under draft but that's what we're hoping for. Kendall is very excited about that but then she will probably be receiving chemo during the New Years holiday.

I'm gonna get Kendall out to the grocery store after while and maybe a trip to Walmart to walk around. Nothing other than that so she can be rested for the big game tomorrow.


John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

6 comments:

  1. Kendall and Family...My name is Terry Sasser. I am the dad of Hope and Byron Sasser. I just wanted to tell you that last night was a blessing for me. I have been sick a lot in 2009, but nothing like you are going through, but I don't get out much...I had been at St. Vincent's most of the day and on the way home it just came to me to Live Stream the parade; mainly because my daughter Hope was in the parade and to hopefully allow those who couldn't make it out due to the cold weather could watch. I know it wasn't great video because of lighting, but Kendall when your family came over my way and I heard them saying there the camera is and then they asked me was I doing the Live Video I was excited that someone was watching. Your mom told me a little about your situation and I was glad to do it...not so much for you, but for me, because for the first time in a long time I felt like I had blessed someone in a special way and it touched my heart. Only later when my wife and daughter told me about the family and what has transpired in your lives I felt foolish for feeling so sorry for myself...So as the verse says above, "He is the light of the world"...I am so glad you found me and you were able to see your family and some of the parade...I understand you are very special people and I truly believe that. Tonight it is suppose to snow in our area and I'll be out doing a Live Stream from my truck and I would even be glad to come to your home, albeit might be late before it snows good enough, and let you see your family with the same snow you saw gently falling to the ground. My home phone number is 205.608.0580 if you chose to do this or if at a later day Kendall wants to see her Gardendale family I will do what I can. The Live Stream address just in case you don't have it is http://www.ustream.tv/channel/TerrySasserLiveStream My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and may I be the first to wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way my email address is terry@tesasser.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong,Just because you are out there doesn't mean you're not here.Gpd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday morning TK,

    Anticipation! Antici-pa-a-tion! (Sing it with me) Can't wait to see you guys again. At supper last night Tammy filled us in on the coming activities.

    Today's thought...
    "It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "It is?"
    "Yes", said Eeyore, "however," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquate lately." - A.A. Milne

    Even down-trodden Eeyore can find something positive. LOL.

    Prayers for chasing good thoughts. Lord shine your brilliant light down on us and prepare a shining glow for us to follow. Provide measures of happiness nestled within the sad so that we can restore our "bounce-back-ness." Help Kendall and her family. Thank you for people; those who are family and friends, those who protect and serve, those who educate, those who heal. Thank you for those who work behind the scenes, who everyday do amazing things, who influence our lives without even knowing us. Thank you for your love.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall - I'm glad to hear you were able to see the parade & the snow (can't believe it snowed in Houston). We'll be praying that everything goes as planned & you're home for Christmas. You & your family are always on our minds & in our prayers. Much love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what about that snow. Our weather is sure crazy..... Glad to hear counts are getting better and also that a Christmas trip is just around the corner. Stay strong and keep getting better. Love you. Sheri

    ReplyDelete