Monday, February 1, 2010

Rounding Third

Well, back at it. Kendall and me flew back in to Houston on Sunday night to start the next round. Two more. I told her it was like rounding third and heading home. She didn't think that was funny. Kendall was able to spend another week at home trying to be normal. For the most part she did really good. She hasn't had much of an appetite this past month but started to eat better this past week. Her energy level was really good. She was able to get out and do a lot this week. I still worry about her being out by herself. She tells me I'm paranoid but I can't help it.

We had a visit with the doctor today and got the green light to start. Her white blood count was down a little and was in discussion about whether or not to wait a few more days to start. Kendall didn't say anything but I could tell that a decision to delay would not make for very pleasant conversation around the apartment. But the doctor said she was good to go so we dropped that discussion as quick as it came up. So we left the hospital knowing that the next few days of chemo are going to be tough because the doctor said her bone marrow is not recovering as well as it has been. We'll just take it one day at a time and everything should be fine.

3 comments:

  1. Daryl, I know that each time Kendall goes into another round of chemo, it is a scary time, but I know God is standing there right beside her and he will carry her through. I continue to pray for Kendall and the entire family, that he may make this journey come to a successful and speedy end. Kendall will have many journeys in her life, and those will be the ones that will fill those beautiful eyes of hers with that sparkle she always had when I saw her. She's amazingly strong, and the entire "Team Kendall" stand strong for you all! I love you all so much, and I hope to see you again one day! Give Kendall a big hug for me and tell Tammy to give Dylan a hug for me as well! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this verse and thought I would share it with you... I believe in this, especially in this journey that Kendall is on!

    I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible to you.
    - Matthew 17:20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning TK,

    Making another day. Isn't that just how we live our lives, going from one task to another, trudging along.

    Today's quote...Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us. -- Thomas L. Holdcroft

    Thank you Lord for favoring me so greatly. You have surrounded me with the majestic spendor of the heavens and the earth. Every day I see and experience testimonies to your power, wisdom, love. You have filled my world with good things for my pleasure. May I greet each new morning determined to fully savor every blessing and may I never fail to praise you for all you have given me.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    PS...waiting breathlessly to hear Houston news...missing the daily blogspot

    ReplyDelete