Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Steady Is The Path

I don't know how this past week has slipped by me. It just seemed liked yesterday that Kendall was starting her chemo and we were getting settled in. Kendall has had, so far a good beginning. This past week, Kendall hasn't done a lot because she has been tired. She did give me a scare last night when she started to run a fever but it came down and we avoided a hospital trip. She told me that she was due a trip to the emergency room and had already packed an overnight bag to go. She is starting to become more comfortable with the realization that she has leukemia. She knows what she has do and has no problem in getting it done. I know she still gets upset about it, but I have begin to see how much she has grown through this experience. And she has handled it extremely well. I am very proud of her for the strength and courage she has shown throughout this.

Kendall's blood counts have been really low this week and haven't begun to recover yet. Hopefully by the end of the week they will start to recover. She has had to get platelets every other day. But even though she's recovering slower that usual, she has more upbeat days than down days.

We meet some new people this week at the hospital. We were laughing at how we can tell what people are new to MD Anderson and what people have been around for a long time. The new people we met are from Kentucky and have only been out here for a month. Kendall and me felt like regulars as they were asking how to get around the hospital and about things around Houston. As I carried on my conversation with them, I couldn't help but think how familiar I have really became with the hospital and even with the city of Houston. Then I began to think about how much I missed our home, our family and our neighbors. I began to get sad thinking about that so then I began to think about how close Kendall is to being through with her treatment and we can get back to all those things that we miss.

Psalm 68:13
Even while you sleep among the CAMPFIRES, the wings of my dove are sheathed with silver, its feathers with shining gold."

3 comments:

  1. Happy Hump-Day TK,

    What a way to start the morning...Sun shining (finally), birds chirping, Blue bellowing...Kendall has no fever, and Daryl's back. woooooohooooo!!!

    Today's quote..."Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." -Henry Ford

    Prayers today for grace. Give us a clean heart, a steadfast spirit, and a joyful outlook. Free us from mistrust and temptation. Keep us, Lord, on the steady path to goodness and strengthen our faith. Thank you for all your mercy and blessings. May all sing your praise and glory.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for a post soon. I am glad all is well out there. God has you guys going thru this for a reason (you know that).
    All is well here. Hopefully Kendall will be feeling better soon. Hope to be able to see you both when you get back home. Love Aunt Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the news from Houston. Sounds like everything is going good. It sure does sound like you are veterans with all of the knowlege you have gained these past few months. Certainly glad the end is near. Stay Strong and you are always in my daily thoughts and prayers. Love ya Sheri

    ReplyDelete