Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Internet Down!

What did we ever do without the Internet? How lifestyles have changed over the years. I have felt so helpless with the internet down, I have had to find things to do. Anyway.....

Kendall has finished her next round of chemo and so far, things have been well for her. No fevers and mild sickness. Tammy has been doing really well out there, except for missing me. I'm proud of both of them, they have done really good.

As Kendall continues her journey, she must again endure another hurdle. Her father, Keith passed away this week. She will be flying home on Thursday so that she can attend his funeral. Unfortunately, she will have to fly back on Saturday after the funeral. She is right in the middle of her lowest point during treatment and will need a blood transfusion by the end of the week. I will be going back with her this time for the remainder of her treatment. If all goes well, we should be back before Christmas.

As this week has began to unfold, I can't imagine how Kendall begins to find the strength to finish the treatments. Yet, she does. Not only Kendall, but Whitney and Bragan and the rest of Keith's family. All of this has been so hard to deal with for everyone. I know that God is out there and that he loves us. No one said that life was going to be easy, and if they did, they were wrong. But we all continue to move in a direction that will give us grace...that will give us peace...and that will give us mercy.


Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

3 comments:

  1. Kendall, I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am sure this is very hard for you.. I would like to wish your whole family a Happy Thanksgiving and to remind you that I do pray for you daily.. God Bless Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked to hear about Keith's passing, and I know that Kendall is very emotional with everything that is going on, and this makes it even harder for her.. I pray that God gives her the strenght she needs to get through all of the week's news. Whitney, Bragen and Kendall.... I am here for you if you need to talk. I Love Yall and you are in my prayers! Stay Strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kendall and family,, the other day my dad sadly informed me of keiths passing i was completely heart broken and kendall ive never lost my father but the week prior i lost my older sister jennifer to a drug overdose so in grieving for her girl i know its hard but im here for you and your family and you and in my prayers every night i love u so much since we were playing tball together anyways i know your strong and i know girl you will beat this. love robin herring

    ReplyDelete