Thursday, November 5, 2009

There Will Be Rain Delays

Writing tonight doesn't seem the same because I can only tell you what Tammy tells me. I know she probably tells me everything but it's not the same. Well, here goes. Kendall won't be getting her next round of chemotherapy right now. Her blood levels are still too low and her body is not ready to handle it yet. She's having a few other minor problems but the doctors feel like she needs a little longer break. She has a few more tests to go through on Monday and we are looking for her to come back home on Tuesday. We will know more next week but as of now, thats the plan. But we all know how plans can change.

Tammy assured me that this is not a bad thing. Kendall will get a chance to get some more rest and we will get a chance to bring our family closer together by being together. Even the doctors said it would be good for Kendall to get some more rest. I still can't help but think about how this may knock us around a little bit more. It makes me dig even deeper into the words, wisdom and comfort of God. I myself feel as if I was knocked around this last time and need to do more to trust...to follow..to guide..to lead...and to love.

Matthew 7:24-25
"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday TK,

    Today's quote..."Understand what you can, act where you are able and then let the matter rest with the Lord." - Richard G. Scott

    I've said it before...I like to get my way, I'm a planner. So when Daryl told us last night that Kendall would have an interruption in her treatment regime, well just guess. But once again, I have to remind myself who is in charge. Look for the good Tina!!!!

    So...change the plan. Kendall will be able to really be at home, get out of the medical chaos that has been all consuming. The family can reunite and rally so that all of them can stand at ready when Kendall's physical capacity returns. We rejoice that this "break" is part of God's plan and is exactly what is needed at this point in the journey.

    Prayers for opening our eyes, hearts and minds. Thank you Lord for adversity, so we can search for good. Thank you for challenges, so we can overcome. Thank you for your ever-present mercy and love.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it rain brother, for your house is built on a rock! Hugs and kisses to all! Prayers from Team Kendall in Knoxville will keep coming! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall - I know it's hard having plans change but this will give you time to slow down, take a breath and enjoy being you for a little while. Know that even though it seems your plans have changed - God's are still on time. We continue to pray for you and your family. Much love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete