Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Lot to Catch Up On

I begin to think about what I was going to tell you tonight and realized that it has been several days since my last post. To start with, we did make the trip to Gardendale and have had a wonderful time visiting with all of our family and friends. Kendall was really energized about the visit. I hope it will last her enough to make it until the next trip home.

As you know, this past month was a really hard month for Kendall. She struggled more this last treatment than most of all the treatments. She fought through it and is now back in Houston ready for another round. I am staying in Gardendale this treatment to catch up on things as Tammy will continue with Kendall in Houston

Kendall and Tammy flew back into Houston today. I took them to the airport this morning to catch an early flight. Kendall has several appointments today before she meets with the doctor on Thursday. As we got out of the car today at the airport..it really hit me that I wasn't going with her. I have not left her side since the beginning, so today has been very hard for me. I know Tammy will do a wonderful job taking care of her...but still...it was a hard day for me. I hugged and kissed them both by..and then had to get in the car to leave so they wouldn't see me cry. I know, I know...I cry alot...alot! I kept looking at my phone all day thinking that I missed a call from them. Wondering what they were doing. Then Tammy called to tell me they landed in Houston. TWO HOURS...two hours is all they have been gone. I can't stand it.

I went to work and tried to stay bust to keep my mind off of what they were doing next. Tammy then called to tell me that the blood results were in. They were low. Not at all what we thought they were going to be. Her platelets had actually dropped from what they were on Friday. Still, they were ok enough for Kendall to have her Bone Marrow Aspiration. Don't know the results of that until Thursday. Now will be just waiting... where to go and what to do next.

I took an online bible quiz tonight to help me find a suitable verse for the day. You'll never guess which one they recommended.
Only our favorite:

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


This next treatment cycle is going to be hard for Kendall. Probably going to get harder from here on out. But I know that God gives us the strength and I know that Kendall has God on her side. I really do like that verse!

8 comments:

  1. Hiya TK,

    How's it in Houston? Hope you're both taking a day to settle in and relax before the routine of treatment starts up again.

    Today's quote..."Let your hook always be cast. In the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish." - Ovid

    Looking, searching, reaching for answers - for understanding - for some kind of logic. We yearn for our circumstances to make sense. The only answer I can think of is prayer.

    Prayers today for guidance. Take us through your vision of our lives. Lord, please bless Tammy and Kendall through this next phase of treatment. Allow their bonds to strengthen and become closer. Show us all, through them, how to rely on you for strength and courage. Please, God provide grace for Daryl in his struggles. Help their family, may they all be steadfast in their support and love. Thank you Lord for the good we can see in people, circumstances and especially in you.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. How happy I am that you were able to get a
    respite from the Apt. I feel sure seeing
    family and friends lifted your spirits to an
    all time high. Kendall, I pray that you and
    your Mom will rest as much as possible, just
    enjoy the closeness of the two of you being
    together. God Bless the two of you, Daryl and
    your family.
    Love, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Team Kendall,
    I wish I had been able to see you guys while you were here. Randall & Jess told me about the wonderful Halloween block party. I know it was so good for you guys to get to come home. God is so good. He will give you strength when you think you cannot go on anymore. We love you and are keeping all of you in our prayers.
    Love Aunt Donna & Uncle Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendall - So glad you got to come home and visit - I know everyone was very excited about seeing you (and you them). I know that will help you get through this next treatment - we'll be praying. Love you lots, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I will give all the prayers your heart need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that Kendall was able to go home to G'Dale for a few days! I know she really needed that. Daryl, I know you feel bad that you are not there with her and Tammy right now, but I am sure that Dylan is glad to have you back home for a little while! Tammy and Kendall, keep your heads up! I Love all of you so much!! I continue to pray for a speedy successful recovery for Kendall each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thursday TK,

    Thinking all good thoughts today and praying you are too.

    Today's quote..."Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!" - Anne Frank

    Prayers for all good news from test results. Father in heaven, wrap Kendall in your protective embrace and send the Holy Spirit down to shower her with grace. May she be able to continue her treatments uninterrupted. Keep her spirit filled with good thoughts, happiness and a strength like never before. Bless this family with all your mercy and strengthen their trust. Thank you for a medical staff able to guide, administer and care.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendall, I'm sorry hear about your father. You and the rest of your family are in my payers.
    love yall.
    <3 karley.

    ReplyDelete