Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Is Normal Back?

What a week! And it's only Tuesday. Kendall and Tammy came home today from MD Anderson. I couldn't wait to pick them up from the airport. It's like I haven't seen them in months, when in reality it's only been a little over a week. Kendall came home because her body is not ready to handle another treatment yet. The doctors feel like some extended rest at home for a week will allow her to rebuild her blood cells.

This past week has been more difficult for me than I thought it would be. I went back to work and did I have so much to catch up on. It was good to see everybody at work. But I do admit, my mind wasn't there for the first couple of days. I would often find myself wondering what Kendall and Tammy were doing. How was she feeling, was anything wrong, is there something I need to be doing. As the week passed and this week began, I found myself falling back into my routine, Me and Dylan were bonding. Hasso began to remember me. But I still had an empty feeling and became sad every time I talked to Kendall or Tammy. Of course I couldn't let them know how bad I felt, but now that they're at home, I guess it's ok. I'm tired of changing life styles and want normal again. Knowing that it won't be normal for a long time.

In many of my conversations with Kendall, I did begin to notice a stronger Kendall emerging from the bad month we had with the last treatment. Kendall began to want to do the treatment and was ready to go. Much like she was at the beginning of her journey. Her positive attitude helped me get through some tough nights without them. And Dylan was very "mature" with me as I noticed how much he has grown over the last few months. I hate to think that I have missed the last few months of his young childlike demeanor. He's a teenager now and I seemed to have missed the transition. We have spent a lot of time together though this week and it has been nice. He still does love me. My little boy is so grown up.

I don't know what the next few days will have in store for Kendall or us, but I will enjoy every minute that I have to spend with my family. If it's one thing I've learned, it's to really enjoy the time you spend with loved ones. The week will go by fast and I once again will be without Kendall and Tammy as they make their way back to Houston to finish Kendall's treatment.

During this past week since Kendall and Tammy has left, I find myself somewhat lost and confused. The emotions I feel have been turning over so fast and I get that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach. I need some guidance and direction and I feel my heart race. So...I listen.....

Job 37:1-2
At this my heart pounds
and leaps from its place.
Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice,
to the rumbling that comes from his mouth.

3 comments:

  1. Dear TK,
    Praying that you each have a time of refreshment and renewal...spiritually and emotionally. It's so difficult when your heart is torn and you so strongly desire to be in two places at once. Normalcy suddenly becomes a priority that drives you to finish the task at hand. With God as your pilot....life will once again be normal,and what seems like an eternity in the here and now will be memories one day. You all are blessing SO MANY with your dedication,perserverance, and love for each other and mostly by your demontrations of faith in our Lord and Savior.
    Stay strong Kendall...so many love you and are praying for you and your precious family.
    Love and Blessings,
    Denise Tubbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother! You are seeking guidance from the best one, our Lord! I have been struggling as well, and I look to your bible verses for strength, just as you do. You don't have to tell me about work, it seems to be my life. That is wrong in a way, but it is what I pride myself in. I don't really know what I would do if I was in your position, but from what I see and have learned from this journey, I would do exactly as you are doing. HE will give you the strength you need, just trust in HIM. Enjoy the time you have with Kendall while she is home resting, and enjoy the time you have with Dylan. They seem to grow up very fast, and before you now it, they are leading thei own lives. We only hope and pray that we have instilled good things in their life, and that they use that to be strong and make it in this world. I have no doubts that Kendall will make it through this journey and that she will emerge stronger than ever. She has shown this to me, and to us all, that she is one of a kind and a very strong individual. I pray every day for you, her, evreyone in our family, all of our friends and other family members, and all the others that are going through the same kind of journey. Please know that I am thinking of you all! I love you, David......

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an amazing way with words, and just as david said, we too struggle, and I read each blog, and with the vesus that you add at the end of each one, it seems that I find some sort of comfort! I love you all so very much, and give Kendall a hug for me, as well as Dylan! It's hard to believe that he is a teenager now! Just keep your faith and look towards God for comfort, because he is there for you and he will not fail you! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete