Thursday, October 15, 2009

Doctors Orders

Rest..relaxing...and plenty of pampering was the doctors prescription today for Kendall. Kendall followed it word for word today. The pampering part was something I threw on the prescription just for good measure. Kendall did well today. She slept for the most part of the day but her smile had its motor running today. Well...only when Chase called. All I can say is keep doing what your doing Chase, it seems to be working. Kendall would be laying on the couch today, very quite as we watched tv and then I could hear her giggle or see the shine from her smile. I would ask her if it was Chase and she would just grin. She ate a little better tonight, probably because I opened up Chef Sutton's kitchen. She couldn't resist the cooking. No fevers today and so far the prescription has held up.

I called Tammy last night only to find out about the party they were having without us. Whitney, Chad and Karsyn; Brett and Bragan; Dylan; Chase and Emily all had dinner last night. They were all laughing and cutting up when I called. I hated to drag Tammy away from all of that with my phone call. But I am glad that they are looking after Tammy, I know she is having a hard time not being here with us. I feel like the more time that passes the harder it gets for her. I will find that out next month as I stay home and Tammy comes out here. I probably won't be very happy either from missing them. The most important thing right now is keeping the family strong and together.

I've discovered that there is so much to life and that people are important. I know sometimes I feel like I need to be alone to just work through it but it sure feels good to come out from that with the love, care and support from friends and family. And the confidence knowing that God has His arms wrapped around me so tight that it takes my breath away sometimes. I've always heard that maybe tomorrow will be better. Sometimes they are. But what if I don't have a tomorrow. I want that person to know today that I love them today..I want God to know that I love Him today...I'm going to work with what I have today and make the most of it. Each day I find myself asking God if I am pleasing Him today.

I challenge myself to be a loving husband...a caring father...a good son...a giving neighbor and a faithful servant to Him. Kendall's life has forever changed and the challenges she now faces throughout her life will test her strength and her love. I know she will face each of them with courage and attitude. As she fights through her journey, the good and the bad, I pray that she always keeps HIM close.

6 comments:

  1. We had to have our weekly dinner ("support group" ) and I hate that yall werent there...it was actually weird goin over there and not seeing Ken but dont worry i ate plenty of wings and pizza for the both of us :)) I'm glad she felt better today...I hope yall have an amazing weekend and maybe your Auburn tigers will show up to play saturday ha!
    I Love Yall Today..Tomorrow..And Forever!!
    -Emers-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Friday, it's Friday, it's Friday...
    Can you tell I love Fridays?

    Good Morning TK,

    Writer, Chef, Knitter... what will Daryl have in store for us next? I can't wait. As far as the pampering, Kendall, take advantage girl...get enough pampering to go around for all of us!!!

    I believe God is working to guide and mold us. We try to sit on the sidelines, sit in the back pew, and generally be unnoticed, trying to fly under God's radar. But God keeps putting us into situations where we have tremendous opportunities to do His work and impact other peoples lives. We need to accept His definition of us and not our own and continue to be amazed at how much confidence and faith God has in us. Oh, if we only had that much faith in ourselves. It is the Creator who defines the creature - more correctly than the creature defines itself.

    Today's quote..."Seeds of faith are always with us; sometimes it takes a crisis to nourish and encourage their growth." - Susan Taylor

    Prayers for Kendall's smile to stay put and brighten the day of each and everyone who experiences it. Prayers in thanksgiving for all provided to us through faith and all the gifts our Father brings. Lord protect us.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Kendall has had a better day - will pray that continues (and gets a little better each day). Makes me smile to hear that she is smiling again - ya'll keep up the good (& faithful) work and I pray you feel God's presence at all times. Much love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  4. tommorrow may not be great, but you are right tomorrows. that is what keeps me going, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. tonight it is Snow Rogers fall festival and i am going to get homemade cotton candy & fried oreos. That is what is getting me thru the work day and on and on.....Look for the good no matter how bad, it's there.
    Glad a better day was had hope you have a great weekend, stay strong. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

    Amy, Jeffrey, Jay and Josh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendall, take advantage of this pampering, sweetie... For both of you, I wish for lots of "Kendall smiles". Darryl, you're just full of all kinds of hidden talents. You guys are in my prayers. Today I'm praying for more rest and feeling better for Kendall, more peace and strength for both Darryl and Tammy; and lots of comfort resting in God's hands. My love to all of Team Kendall!

    ReplyDelete