Sunday, October 25, 2009

HE Continues To Amaze Me

Day by day, hour by hour, we can see the improvements that Kendall's body is making. She had an amazing day today as she slowly recovers from her infection. I can tell you, that these last few days have been a continued struggle to watch Kendall. One by one, I watched as the doctors and nurses attacked each symptom Kendall had. It was a coordinated effort to bring back the smile and laughter that Kendall displays. Having Tammy here has surely helped make this happen.

Kendall still has the infection but is healing up nicely. She is almost back to her normal self. We're still not sure how long she is going to have to stay in the hospital. The doctor said that she is going to slowly reduce the medication to Kendall as she recovers. Once she is at a safe level, she will get to leave. Kendall received another blood transfusion and platelets today as her counts are not recovering as fast as they have in the previous treatments. Kendall has not had a fever all day today which was very good news considering how high it was the last few days.

I've had a chance this afternoon to reflect back over the last couple of days and realize how scared I was going through this. So scared to the point where I didn't sleep for several days wondering what was going to happen next. I was becoming angry at the very people that were trying to help us because I didn't think it was enough. I didn't feel like they were doing everything possible to help Kendall. But they are. They have taken good care of her and continue to do so. God continues to show me how good HE can be. He shows me through the care of the doctors and nurses. He shows me through the love and support of family and friends. And He shows me through the smile and laughter that Kendall brings.

Psalm 68:9
You gave abundant showers, O God;
you refreshed your weary inheritance.

6 comments:

  1. I have been praying so hard for good news. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I hope Kendall continues to improve each day and I hope all of you can get some much needed rest. Tammy, I am glad that you made it there safely. Love Gina Squires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya TK,

    Today's quote..."Perhaps all pleasure is only relief." - William S. Burroughs

    Relief - how true. All of Gardendale will be buzzing with the news that Kendall is better. So today I can only think of one thing - thankfulness.

    Thank you God. We know that every step forward is a step toward achieving something better. Thank you for family, for those who re-kindle our inner spirits, for those who make us happy, for those you teach us. Thank you for people who care for us in times of sickness, for medical miracles, for strength. Thank you for faith. Build us Lord, as you want us to be.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news - we will pray that Kendall continues to improve and gets to leave the hospital soon. I know you have missed her smile so will pray also that it makes a speedy return. We love you guys and can't wait to celebrate with you when Kendall (through the grace of GOD) is victorious over this illness. Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keeping on... Day by Day... One Day at a Time..... Daryl these are all things that Granny Bill would have told you. God is so GOOD and HE IS IN CONTROL.

    Its painful to watch any child go thru something so terrible and painful... especially when its your child... But -- Please know that we are thinking of you all, praying for you... wishing we could be there to somehow help with this...

    I don't post a comment everyday.. although I so enjoy reading the posts and comments. I love you and hope and pray for a speedy recovery.

    Sorry about Auburn also. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea - that was from me. Love Aunt Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kendall,I am so happy to read that you are doing so much better than last week. Our
    prayers are going up for you daily and before
    you know it, you will be back in Gardendale with family and friends. The love shown for
    you in Gardendale is overwhelming. Keep
    smiling, be good to yourself and God Bless You.
    Love,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete