Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's A Good Example

I didn't expect that being out here with Kendall would be so hard without Tammy. I can handle just about anything that comes up with her. I am more familiar and comfortable with dealing with the issues that may arise during her treatment. I am prepared to get that right. However, I didn't realize that I would be so lonely.

Kendall slept really late today and only got up close to time to go to the doctor. When we got back to the apartment, she went back to sleep. I know she was tired. Maybe she is just catching up on all the sleep she didn't get while we were home. Her fever went up a little tonight, but nothing to really worry about. It went back down as quick as it went up. She hasn't ate much today and was a little sick tonight. But she was better in about an hour. Like nothing was ever wrong. She went back to sleep kind of early because we have to be back at the doctor at 8am. The schedule is going to be really busy this week.

So while Kendall was asleep, I tried to catch up on some reading. Watched a little tv. Then called Tammy to let her know that I was bored and had nobody to talk to. Of course she couldn't talk because she was at work. So I was quite most of the day today. Kendall told me that she would let me go walk around Walmart tomorrow if she was feeling better. That's ok...I'm good as long as she is feeling alright.

I had a hard time trying to find a verse today that fit. So I went with a good example.

Ephesians 5:1
Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children.



Sometimes following a good example is harder than it seems. It just takes practice and focus.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brither. Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I have been very busy. Today is a day that I will gladly swap with you, getting ready to go to the doctor myself. I know you feel like you are all alone way out there, but you are not. The Lord is with you, Kendall is with you, and all your family and friends are with you in spirit. Even people you do not know are with you. You stay strong and keep the faith.

    I missed reading your blogs the days you were at home and didn't post, glad to see that you are back at it. Reading them just seems to make my day. I hope this next round of treatments goes as well as the others and you and Kendall get to come back home as scheduled. I miss you!

    Kendall, be strong young lady, the way you have been the whole time. Time will pass and you will be back at home before you know it. Sorry I missed seeing you last week, but I promise I'll see you this next time. I'm looking forward to rubbing bald heads with you! Be sweet and take care of Daryl. Please know that I am thinking of you. I love you!

    "Lord, I lift Kendall up to you, ask that you give her strength to keep pushing forward. Look over this family as they continue on this journey. Look over all of us, your children, as each day passes. In your precious name I pray, amen."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thursday TK,

    As I read today's entry, I can feel the "missing" Daryl explains. It is genuine. Sometimes when one person is missing the whole world seems empty.

    It is never easy to keep reaching. You all are reaching for so much right now. Reaching for understanding and health, reaching for holding on to sanity, reaching and yearning for normalcy. Sometimes strength and courage are lonely friends, but always remember, those who reach walk in stardust.

    Today's quote..."I think God leaves me alone to let me find my own strength because no one else can give it to me. The lonely times teach me the most." - Sabrina Harrison

    I've often heard it said that every reunion is a type of heaven -

    Prayers today for a quick reunion for this family, that their time apart be be soothed through faith, that their stress and anxiety be lessened and that they rejoice in each other. Thank you God.

    Lifting you up,
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about being lonely. Sometimes when I encourage Randy & the boys to have a guys night or a guys whatever guys do together and I think how nice that will be for me, but I end up sitting on the couch feeling lonely and wondering what I am going to do with myself. Fortunately it doesn't happen often and you are dealing with it longer than a day. As frustrated as I get sometimes, it is nice to have a partner that you enjoy being with and talking to, just knowing they are close helps. So hang in there and hopefully the days will go quick and you both will be back here sooner than you think........Stay Strong Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete