Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Tammy

The atmosphere here in the emergency room is not the same at the apartment. Yes, the emergency room. Kendall had some problems today with bleeding. She also started showing some blood spots on her arms and face. I made a call to the doctor and she said that Kendall's platelet counts were probably really low and that she possibly needed some blood and platelets. She advised us to go to the emergency room at MD Anderson to get treated. So that's what we did. And...the doctor was right. Kendall's platelet count was very low. The lowest they have ever been. I wasn't expecting them to drop again until sometime this next week, especially since Kendall just received blood and platelets on Friday. The nurse at the emergency room hooked Kendall up to an iv and told her that she will be getting 6 units of platelets and 2 units of blood. They didn't admit her in the hospital but they did tell us that it will be early in the morning before she is through receiving all the blood. Kendall curled up on the bed as I tried to get comfortable in the chair. Going to be a long night...or morning. Other than all of this, Kendall is doing fine. She has been tired most of the day.

On a brighter note...I want to tell Tammy Happy Birthday! I know I'm not with you but I miss you and wish you were with us. I Love You, Tammy....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Monday TK,

    Wishing Tammy a wonderful day!!!

    I hope this morning you two are sleeping peacefully after your long night at the ER. And wishing you a day of relaxation.

    I'm not sure how Kendall should feel after all the platelets and blood. Maybe it will give her a boost and you two can have some fun.

    Today's quote..."People often say motivation doesn't last. Well neither does bathing, that's why it is recommended daily." - Zig Ziglar

    Prayers for speedy recovery from low blood and for an energy surge to get you through. May the the next ten days fly by without any complications. Lord, please keep Daryl ever vigilent to Kendall's needs and give him the stamina to continue to carry this burden. Give Kendall the 'stick-to-it-ness' she needs to navigate this journey. Thank you for your blessings, wherever and whenever they may come.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you two..... I hope and pray that today will be a better day and your strength will rise and continue to get better. Keep up with the rest and pampering knowing that will help alot. Daryl always inspires me, and Tina, I love your daily quotes, they are truly inspiring and love the ideal about the writing down the 5 things everyday, that is something we all should do, I feel guilty that I have all of my daily things going on and not missing a beat and not experiencing the pain and hard times. I always feel that I get more out of this reading this daily blog. It is uplifting and gives me strength as well. Stay strong and know we love you and pray for you daily. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday to Team Kendall - and Happy Birthday to Tammy!! It makes me sad to think of all you are going through - but knowing that you are in the hands of GOD makes it better. HE knows the plan HE has for you and HE sees what a blessing you are to HIM and to us. We'll pray that the platelets come up (and the energy with them) and of course for complete healing. I hope it brings y'all a little comfort to know that there are so many praying for you and cheering you on. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI KENDALL AND DARYL. I AM BJ,S DAD. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR PROGRESS ON THE BLOG AND ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING WELL. WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IS A MARATHON NOT A SPRINT. I KNOW ITS HARD BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PATIENT. A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL LOOK BACK ON THIS AND IT WILL SEEM LIKE A DISTANT MEMORY. DARYL I KNOW HOW DADS ARE AND WE TRY TO FIX EVERYTHING BUT YOU CANT FIX THIS. TRUST IN THE LORD AND HE WILL LEAD YOU THROUGH THIS. LEAN ON SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS AND DONT TRY TO DO EVERYTHING YOURSELF. WE PRAY FOR YOU EVERY DAY. KEEP UP THE FIGHT. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAMMY. BEN GREEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya TK,

    Just checking in to see how you guys are fairing. Looks like you might be busy - hoping it is fun busy or rest busy.

    Todays quote..."I believe life is an adventure which is mostly uphill. And the view from the top is breathtaking." - Unk

    So wishing that the next blog entry will be full of positive energy and information. Lord bless Daryl and Kendall with shining lights and bright attitudes, keep all the family in a place of hope. Lift them up so they will not grow weary of this battle, so that the trust in you is not tarnished but illuminated and sparkling for all of us to see. Show us how to maneuver throught life's challenges and help us make ourselves better for having gone through them. Keep us calm, Lord, and grant us your peace.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete