Tuesday, October 6, 2009

What Is My Reason

....as the sun shines through the window this morning, I slowly awake to the life of Houston. Realizing that I am no longer in Gardendale or that my wife is not with me. I am attempting to take care of Kendall during her journey by myself. We joked about me taking care of all of Kendall's needs but it was Tammy that kept everything together. I think she really sat back and watched me to make sure that I knew what I was doing. I'll admit..I didn't catch on until now. Tammy was really training me. Not that Kendall needs my help...she is so independent and could probably do this all by herself, showing no fear. I also think Kendall is letting me take care of her so I don't lose my mind.

We went to the doctor today and are expecting to start round three of chemotherapy treatment by Friday. The doctor confirmed that the masses in and around her spinal cord are "dramatically" shrinking. Dramatically was the word the doctor used, not mine. We will continue with the lumbar punctures (chemo in the spinal cord) weekly. Her blood has recovered as well, not as quick as it did the first couple of times, but it still recovered enough in less than a month. All the doctors were pleased that Kendall is having a speedy recovery. Kendall has still not had hardly any bad side effects thus far. The doctors were very pleased with this as well. It appears that we will be visiting the hospital every day this week and Friday is shaping up to be an all day affair. We are already mapping out our next trip home hopefully by the end of the month. I know everything can change still very quickly, but we are wanting to have something to work towards.

Kendall was very tired today and has slept most of the day. She took a long nap when we got home from the doctor. She will have plenty of time to rest to get ready for the next trip home. I'll make sure of it. We started the same routine as before...I ordered a pizza and we watched a movie tonight. I did miss seeing Dylan and Tammy for the movie though. Dylan called me about 10 times today to make sure I knew that he was taking care of the house and Tammy and the dogs. I just hope that he doesn't grow up to fast and don't need me anymore.

There have been alot of people that have expressed their love to Kendall and to us since the beginning of her journey. I want you all to know that your expressions have enlightened us when we were sad, kept us warm when we were cold and picked us up when we fall. And most of all...have shown Kendall how great love can be. People say that they don't see God but do believe in Him. I say that I see Him everyday. Everyday in the things that we do.... and in the things that we say.... and in the things that we show.......everyday. To me, that's God working and being visible to me...everyday.


Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Hump-day TK,

    Daryl, you're so right. People see God everyday, they just don't recognize Him. However softly we speak, God is near enough to hear...so each and everytime your names are called in prayer, God is listening.

    Today's thought..."Painful as it might be, a significant emotional event can be the catalyst for choosing a direction that serves us - and those around us - more effectively. - L.M. Alcott

    Prayers today that the whole of this journey leads you on the road to a future brightly shining and waiting for you to mold it. May you have the spiritual graces necessary to see you through these next few weeks, may your one-on-one time together (K&Daryl and T&Dylan) create special memories that will bring a smile to your face. Thank you God for all your mercy and compassion, thank you for the trials that make us better and thank you for your precious son.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    PS...Thanks Tammy, Belinda and Mike for being just being you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall - Praying you have a week of great improvements, wonderful movies, good food and lots & lots of SMILES. Wanted to remind you also that we're still here - praying for & loving you across the miles. Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news about the tumors shrinking. I continue to pray for God to send His angels to form a hedge of protection around you guys and to use your testimony in a real and mighty way.
    I see those prayers being answered each day as I read your blog. Give Kendall a big hug. Don't eat too much pizza. We need you to be in good shape upon your return so that you can catch the bad guys:-)

    ReplyDelete