Saturday, October 24, 2009

Grace......

Making our way through each day has become filled with so much emotion, there is not any more room to do anything else. Sitting here not knowing what is causing Kendall's fever and why it remains high has become the new mystery novel of the day. Kendall is still in the hospital with a high fever. The pain is very evident in her face that things are not as they should be. We were able to find out that the blood cultures are positive for an infection. Not sure what type yet. We think we've narrowed it down to last week when her platelets dropped so low that we had to go to the emergency room. She has become consistently worse since we arrived to the apartment after that trip.

Kendall has slept almost the entire time we have been here. She hasn't eaten or drank anything very much. Kendall has times when she is up for a little while but is still really tired. Tammy flew out last night to be with us. I know she was glad to see Kendall, just not in this shape. Tammy stayed with Kendall overnight at the hospital and they told me to go back to the apartment to rest. I didn't get much rest. Actually I think I rested better at the hospital. At least I could keep an eye on Kendall.

Kendall is on antibiotics and other kinds of medication. The doctors are keeping a close watch on her. For now, that's all we can do is be patient with the doctors. I have tried to be good with them but you know I don't have any patience when it comes to Kendall's care. This is really the first time Kendall has become really sick. She has had a few bad days but nothing like this. For now, we will wait on the medicine to take effect and hope that Kendall's body adjusts.

Luke 2:40
And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Brother! Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you. I love you!

    Kendall, hang in there girl. I am praying for you. I love you!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I saw Dylan today at the soccer fields. I got a big hug and big smile from him. Praying for you all.

    Amy Lankford

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine Kendall without that big smile on her face! I hope and pray that the medication that she is currently on works and her fever subsides!! I know that prayers are being made each and every day for her speedy recovery, and I want you to know that I Love Yall! Give Kendall a hug for me, and please try and get some rest, Daryl.. I know it is hard, but at least try. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS. WISH EM AND I COULD BE THERE WITH YA'LL.CONTINUE TO BE STEADY AND SURE IN YOUR FAITH BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT KEEPS US STRONG. WE LOVE YA'LL!!!
    JAMIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI DARYL. THIS IS BEN GREEN. WHEN WE SPOKE AT CHURCH THIS IS ONE OF THE TIMES I TOLD YOU WOULD COME. TRUST THE DOCTORS, IF WHAT THEY ARE GIVING KENDALL DOSENT WORK THEY HAVE MANY MORE MEDICATIONS. WHAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IS GOING THROUGH IS NOT EASY.STAY POSITIVE AND KEEP UP THE FIGHT ONE DAY AT A TIME. IF YOU NEED ME CALL ME. WE LOVE ALL OF YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Sunday TK,

    Hoping this morning finds you rested, fever-free and on the way to a splendid recovery.

    Today's quote..."The feeling remains that God is on the journey too." - St. Theresa of Avila

    Prayers today that God's presence is a comfort, that you can feel him near and believe that his mercy and love is working for you. May heaven's graces spill down on you. May the medicines do their work, may the presence of your mom lift you (and Daryl) to continue fighting, and may you conquer all your fears. Bless Kendall Lord and help her through this struggle, show her that you are beside her and that your pathway is the right one for her. Help her with her anxiety and fill her with faith. Thank you Lord.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello TK,
    Just wanted to let you each know that it breaks my heart to hear that Kendall is having to suffer like this. Y'all must remember that God instructed His church to pray for the sick because, often when sick, we don't have the strength to pray for ourselves. We need our brothers and sisters in Christ to cry out on our behalf. I will continue to pray and will rejoice with great joy.....when healing comes.

    'And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up.'

    James 5:15

    With Love in Him,

    Denise Tubbs

    ReplyDelete