Saturday, October 10, 2009

Placing Trust Where It Belongs

Today wasn't so bad. Kendall slept late today from me checking on her through most of the night. She hasn't had much of an appetite either. We watched Auburn today...I was very disappointed by the way...and then got ready to go to the hospital. We went a little early today with the hopes that she may actually get seen on time. And she did. We didn't have to wait today very long before they called her. We did however had to wait after she got in her room. They were about an hour and a half late starting her chemo so that means I have to stay up even later tonight to make sure the chemo pump runs ok. We were only there today for about 4 hours. A lot better than yesterday. We made it back in time to watch more football. I was excited, I'm not so sure Kendall was. But we did watch the Florida / LSU game. I think she has watched about all the football she wanted to today. I think she only watched it because I wanted to. Kendall did eat a little bit more tonight and hasn't been asleep in the last 3-4 hours. She has felt ok tonight as she was a little nauseous this morning. But overall, it has been a good day for her.

I spoke to Dylan several times today and he was still really excited that Gardendale won their football game last night. That's all he talked about. I talked to Tammy today as well and she said she really misses me. I hope so. It has been hard without her here but I know Dylan is glad to have one of us home for a little while. Tammy talked to Kendall today for a while and I think she got upset a little. Don't worry baby, I'm taking care of her and we will hopefully be home in a few weeks. I can't wait and Kendall is already working out a schedule to come home. We will have to wait until the end of this treatment before we can plan anything but hope that all goes well. We have a couple of dates in mind but will see how things work out for her.

Sometimes I forget that Kendall is 19 and very capable of making her on decisions. I still want to jump in and handle everything for her. As a parent, I will always want to express my feelings about what I think is best for her. I always will. But I do want her to make decisions and I trust that the decisions she will make will be right...for her. As I have grown in my relationship with God, especially over the last couple of months...I now place importance on trying to know and understand God. I will never know or understand everything that God does but can only place my faithfulness in Him as I place it in Kendall. All I want is what is best for Kendall...for my family...for my friends...and for God.

Philippians 1:9-10
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Kendall and Daryl,
    I was delighted to see that your hospital visit
    yesterday went alot faster than Friday's
    visit. We are all still praying for a quick recovery and know that you will be home again
    before you know it. Keep your time occupied
    with a good book, one that you can't put down,
    or one that puts you to sleep, and before you
    know it, the end of the month will be here
    and off to Gardendale you go. Daryl, thought
    I liked all the games scheduled the way they
    were yesterday, but by 10:00 P.M. last night
    I was getting a little antsy. What happened
    to Auburn??
    We love all of you and just remember, God
    is with you every step of this journey.
    I'm still going to say "WAR EAGLE'

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Sunday TK,

    Don't know what you guys have in store for today, but hoping it is something restful, fun and inspirational.

    Today's quote..."My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging." - Hank Aaron

    Prayers for gentle side effects of treatment and fast recovery of blood work. May God's graces be ever flowing over you, showing you the way and guiding you through faith. Please, Lord shower this family with your mercy and provide them with the trust they need to fulfill their destiny. Thank you for our faith, our freedom, our determination and our love.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it's me again.

    I just received this on my e-mail, kind of as a spam, but it's just what I've been looking for and praying for, but not finding the exact right words. I hope it speaks to you as it did me...


    Saint Theresa's Prayer


    May today there be peace within.
    May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
    May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
    May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
    May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
    Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing,
    Dance, praise and love.
    It is there for each and every one of us.

    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete