Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Path Is Still Here

How things change every day. Kendall was able to leave the hospital today and was she glad. Tammy and me too. They had to put her on some IV antibiotics so I'll be hooking her up for the next 8 days. We all should rest a little easier now that we're out of there. Kendall was also able to have a little recovery of her white blood cells. They are at 0.1 now instead of zero. Not a lot but it is a start. The rest of her levels are still really low and it may delay our trip home by a few days until they can recover more. But she is still looking forward to a few days at the house before the next cycle.

While Kendall's journey to me is very close at heart, I realize that she is not the only one having to go through this. There have been people before her that have faced the same journey. And that there will be people after her that will also face a journey similar to hers. At times, this journey that I watch is almost too much to handle. I often tell myself how can people go through this and make it out ok. I have talked to people that have lived through a journey and are now living a miracle. One of these people was BJ Green. I have not personally talked to BJ but I have read his journey and have spoken to his dad about things. Remarkable. It gives me hope that they are still able to talk passionately about their experiences and share them not only with Kendall but also with me. I pray that I may be strong through this and share with you as well.

At the very beginning of Kendall's journey, I could not tell you hardly anything about Leukemia, much less AML t8;21, Kendall's diagnosis. But only 3 months in...frankly I know more than I would normally care to know about. Every day is a training day and it keeps getting worse. There are lights shining at the end of some of the tunnels, but just the knowledge of this has brought me sorrow...grief...pain. It's also brought me love...family strength...and closer to God.


Ecclesiastes 1:9
What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.


Ecclesiastes 1:18
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear from you. I was getting worried. I love you all. -- papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are all back home, I am sure that is way easier to do. I hope and pray you will get your much needed rest and blood levels will continue to rise. Hope to see you soon. Stay Strong, Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad y'all are back "home". We pray things continue to move forward and before long - you find counts have risen and you're on your way HOME for awhile. Y'all continue to inspire - thinking of others while going through so much yourself - we should all take this lesson to heart. Kendall your light continue to shine bright enough to be seen from here. Love to all, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya TK,

    Am home from Atl...golly I missed ya'll and this blog.

    The news that Kendall is feeling better and out of the hospital is refreshing after the few days of worry. I see she kicked this "hitch in the road's" hiney. Good for you Kendall.

    This latest entry brings to the forefront all the things we generally take for granted. It makes me reflect on all my good fortune, none of it necessarily from my doing. I know there are people who want to lessen your burden, take some of your worry, make your stress go away. I know there are mountains of prayers said in your name and on your behalf. Take some comfort in that, knowing that all that can be done is being done.

    Today's quote..."Optimist - Someone who figures taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster. It's a cha-cha." -Robert Brault

    Keep on dancing you guys. Cha-cha yourselves all the way back to g'dale.

    Prayers for the return of strength, physical, emotional and mental. Lord grace Kendall and her family with all the stamina they need to continue and follow through, keep them close and strenghthen the family bonds, help them to shine for your glory. Thank you Jesus.

    Lifting you up,
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete