Sunday, August 30, 2009

Angel For You

Today....we had alot of time spent together. Kendall talked and texted on two phones at the same time. Tammy finished her 1000 piece puzzle and yes, I knitted another hat. Much of the day was spent doing something other than talking about Leukemia or how it has affected Kendall's life. It was good to "get away" for a while. I'm not going to write too much as I feel I will have much to talk about in the next few days as we get some much needed results for Kendall's first round of treatment.

Kendall is doing fine today, just as she has most of this journey. I did notice more today how Tammy starts to shine more when she is talking on the phone to family and friends. Not that I don't think she enjoys talking to me or Kendall but she has her outlet as I do mine. The shine is very noticeable when she is talking to Whitney, Bragan or Dylan. As I watched her today speak with all of them at different times, I realized that she has a channel for each of them. She remembers more things about what is going on in each of their lives and equally distributes her love among them. As isolated as we are from our family and friends, Tammy is more in tuned with her parents, family, friends, my parents, the kids and with Kendall all at the same time. Not too mention all the stuff she is doing out here. I feel deep down that with God and Tammy having it all together during this, Kendall is in really good shape.

So before I go on.... I again want to take time and say a prayer for someone out there who is hurting inside or is faced with a situation that they feel is impossible to handle...only to let them know that God for one is here for them and that I am here with them so they don't have to be alone.


Psalm 91:11-12
For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

Amen

5 comments:

  1. Daryl, I end every night reading your diary. You are doing a wonderful job of expressing the journey and I hope Kendall and Tammy know how blessed they are to have someone as caring as you are to be there for them. I did not know you very well until this happened, but now I feel like I know you better every post.

    I hope the journey is closer to an end and pray for Kendall and you two as often as I pray. Please let me know how I could help the other two girls or Dylan.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday Morning Team Kendall,

    One of the blessings I see coming through is the family bond. Just at the time when young adults are pulling away to make their ways in life, your family is together in a way that no other circumstance could make happen. I know and understand that you'd rather not be where you are...but you'll see these are the memories you will look back on and cherish. All this special one-on-one time with Kendall, the pride you have for Whitney and Bragan stepping up to the plate and hitting homeruns over and over and Dylan, being the trooper he is, getting through each day. You guys got smacked, but oooh did you show that you're not anywhere near down...

    Today's thought..."For God is not the author of confusioin, but of peace." -I Corinthians 14:33

    Prayers for perfect test results to allow the journey to go forward and for safety in travel for those family members visiting. Lord, open our eyes to the pathway you want for us, help us to accept your will and time frame for our lives and keep us mindful and thankful for the many blessings you bestow.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning my brother. I'm glad to hear you knitted another hat, that Tammy finished her puzzle, and that Kendall is smiling. Please let us know the results as soon as you get them, we are ready to move to phase two of this journey. Give everyone hugs and kisses for me. Thinking of you all, brother David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, again, Team Kendall in Houston! As you can see, I said "again." I was reading yesterday's post to get caught up on things, and I guess I didn't realize I was on that one instead of this more up to date post from you, and I added my comment for the morning. Hmm, seems Granny is getting a little addled in her old age... 8-)

    So, I thought I'd add another line or two today as well. Just so you know, as Dylan was getting his stuff together for school this morning, he brought a shirt to show me that he was taking for his gym class. "This shirt is Kendall's, but she don't mind if I take it 'cause she loves me" was his quote. Talk about out of the mouth of babes...

    Yes, Dylan knows he's loved, as all of you know you are loved. As so eloquently noted by Tina's comment today, this situation HAS indeed made all of us even closer as our family bonds together for a single purpose: Get Kendall well.

    Sending you lots of hugs and kisses,
    Granny Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be praying for good results - for progress made (& to be made) & for strength going into the 2nd phase. It's nice to hear that ya'll are able to spend time doing "normal" stuff & are able to get away from reality a bit. Let us know as you know & we'll be praying. Love to you all, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete