Monday, August 24, 2009

God, I pray.......

Started off this morning real early. The nurses came into Kendall's room all night about every hour or sooner. Taking her fever and getting her vitals. She ran a fever all night long. She woke up feeling ok but tired. The day nurse came in to tell Kendall that her blood counts were way down so she will be receiving blood and platelets this morning. After all of that and the antibiotics, her fever finally broke around lunch. The Doctor told that he was going to keep Kendall one more just for observation and may release her tomorrow, provided that she is not running a fever. The Doctor couldn't tell me what may have caused the fever but I think he was a little surprised at how good Kendall felt. He said he would be around tomorrow to check her levels again. Another day of coloring, word puzzles and the computer.

Kendall had another round of chemo in the Lumbar Puncture this afternoon and after that she really sleep the rest of the afternoon. Me and Tammy watched a movie and napped a little bit ourselves.

Today as I watched Kendall and Tammy nap, I began to re-read some of my earlier posts. Nineteen days have gone by since we found out the official diagnosis of Kendall's disease. How her life has changed, how all of our lives has changed. We have talked to many people about living with Leukemia since the beginning, Tammy especially. Everyone has had a different experience but yet all are somewhat related to one another. It affects other people the same way it has affected us.



I won't go in much detail but tonight I began to pray for everyone who has been diagnosed with Leukemia, their families and their friends. Somewhere out there, there is someone hurting because of this and I pray that God could be with that person. Nobody should have to go through this kind of Journey alone. I pray that God embraces them and makes them feel warm. I pray that He also is able to ease their pain by revealing His plan to them. They will no longer have to worry about what to do next. God will show them. God, I pray.........

7 comments:

  1. I am praying that the fever will remain down and that Kendall will get to leave again tomorrow. I know that God is with Kendall, you and Tammy and he will bring all of you through this and you will all be much closer as a result. All of your posts let all of us understand how strong Kendall is and how hard she is fighting to beat this disease. Take care and we all love you back here in Birmingham. Love Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're standing with you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about you on Gardendale AL.com forums. I don't know you all but me and my church are praying for Kendall and your family. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning, hope things go well today. Daryl you stated in an earlier posting about getting info on donating blood/platlets in kendall's name, I'm a regular donor please let me know how to do this. Love you guys lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning - I know this fight will start to wear everyone out, but just remember that with GOD on your side, the shadows won't stay for long. We continue to pray for NO fever and HIGH spirits (along with complete healing). Will add everyone affected by this to our list, please let us know of any specific requests you would like added. Love to all, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge step of faith to step out and pray for others in the midst of your own journey. You all are amazing. You have led us to pray broader as well. I love the childrens' song that goes, "Our God is so Big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing our God cannot do!" What wonderful hands in which to rest and place your trust. Thank you for your wonderful blogs. We love you and pray for you.
    Ann, Nick, Ashley and Nicholas Getwan

    ReplyDelete
  7. its amazing of how good youre doing i mean every time i talk to some one theyre like hows ken doing and i have the same answer every time she looks great feels great and even seems great. they probably think im lying but im not.i pray every day that god shows me a reason why he put this challenge in our laps and i honestly believe he has done it for a reason and im so glad i have you to get on this ride and take it for what its worth. keep being strong ken and as will i we just gotta keep pushing and god will see us through
    i love you so much and i know you doing fine cause im texting you now :)

    love chase

    ReplyDelete