Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Family Time

If you were to tell me today that Kendall had Leukemia, there's no way I would believe you. I would probably get mad at you for even saying such a thing. Minus a little incident this morning, today was a day that I pray we continue to have until this disease is out of her completely. Kendall had a little pain this morning when we first woke up. It seemed to magnify over the next hour as I was on the phone with the hospital asking them what we needed to do. They ended up calling in a prescription to the pharmacy to help ease Kendall's pain. It was around lunch time before Kendall had any relief. After that, Kendall was the same ole Kendall the rest of the day.

I was busy today gathering and dispensing all of Kendall her medication. I also flushed her CVC, took her temperature and had to weigh her several times today. Of course, all of this I recorded into my Kendall notebook/daily planner. We cleaned her room and wiped down everything again today for good measure. And my hands, hand washing is a must. Every time we do something we are washing our hands. Whatever it takes right, or better, It's Whatever!

We rented some movies tonight and then just spent a nice, quiet evening at the apartment. No pain, no stress, no Kendall being sick. Tammy cooked breakfast and lunch and then told us we were on our on for dinner. I cannot seem to properly work the pictures tonight for some reason. I will continue to work on them so I can post them soon. I have been very tired today so I think I will turn in early because tomorrow Kendall has several doctors appointments in the morning. They will be checking her blood levels and I think she will be receiving another Lumbar Puncture.

This was a good family day but my family is not whole right now. Whitney, Chad and Karsyn, I miss all of you so much and greatly appreciate the things you have done for us. Bragan and Brett, starting out your new life together is hard enough, I want you both to know we wish we could be with you to help you share in your fresh new start with each other and we love you. Dylan, my son, I feel this is hardest on you losing not only Kendall but your mom and me as well. I so look forward to seeing you this weekend and hope that you can understand that even though I cannot be with you right now, that I will be with you soon, when Kendall is better. And that will be soon, I promise. I love all of you and promise to bring the family back together for those Sunday dinners.


Ecclesiastics 6:16 A faithful friend is the medicine of life; and they that fear the Lord shall find him.

10 comments:

  1. im soooo glad she is doing so good!! yall better get stretched and ready for some gametime when we get there this weekend! words cannot describe how excited i am to see yall! get some sleep for us since we prob wont get more than a few hours of sleep on the road tom night...maybe you will be up for a little debbie when we get there around 4 in the morning haha :)) well i love yall to the moon and back and cant wait to see yall!!
    -Emers-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny Lyn and Pawpaw EdAugust 20, 2009 at 7:15 AM

    We are so glad that you guys got to spend some good family time and hopefully some restful time yesterday! Daryl, I understand more than you know, how hard it is to not have your family "whole" - Ed and I have been there, done that, even though circumstances were not like this. Just remember the strong family ties already in place, keep the faith and soon, your family will all be "whole" again.

    We did get to enjoy some family time with the other part of your family last night: Chad, Whitney, Karsyn, Brett and Bragan all came to the house for dinner (well, Bragan had to just get a "to go" plate since she had to work). Dylan was happy to see all of them, and to begin really planning their trip out to see you guys. We will surely miss the little guy, but know all of you out there will be as happy to see him and he will be to see you!

    And Kendall, we sure hope and pray you continue to feel better and keep strong in your fight of this sickness, and will be able to come on back home to Alabama. We love you so much, and are looking forward to seeing you soon.

    Love all of you bunches and bunches,
    Granny Lyn and Pawpaw Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. T, D and K - Happy Thursday!!!!

    Today's thought...

    "Laughter is a tranquilizer without side effects." -Arnold Glasgow

    Laughter - I expect there will be much of that this coming weekend. Dylan is beside himself to get there...we talked last night about what he was taking with him and oh my gosh, the car won't be big enough. He is fairly bubbling over ...I bet you are too. I wish I could be there just to see the reunion, I'm smiling now and feeling all happy inside just thinking about it.

    Prayers are for fun...let this weekend visit renew and refresh, replenish strength and energy. May the coming together of loved ones inspire us all to appreciate family like never before. Of course, prayers for the continued "feeling good" to enjoy fully this "vaca" from the journey.

    Lifing you up in love

    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning all. I'm so glad to hear you all got to finally spend some family time outside of the hospital. I know you all are looking forward to this weekend as well. Be sure to put up some pics of everyone with the masks on. Brother, your family will be whole again, and soon. You hang in there and be strong. Team Kendall of Knoxville is here for all of you and we will continue to pray for you. Please give Kendall a big hug for me. Love you, Brother David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Team Kendall:

    I know everyone appreciates you keeping us up-to-date on Kendall. I am so glad she is out of the hospital and able to have family time. I just wanted you all to know that I am praying for you everyday. I know GOD is going to answer all of our prayers. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with family and friends.

    Kim Mulford

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl...It is with such devotion, love, compassion and DEPENDENCE on HIM that you pour out your heart on these blog updates. Thanks for taking the time to keep each one of 'us' out here updated. We are better able to direct our prayer reguests to 'THE GREAT ALMIGHTY'. May God give each of you the strength, patience,perserverence, and faith so y'all can 'keep on truckin' with the sheer determination evident now. Praying for you guys throught the day...with Love in Him,

    Denise Tubbs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all good news - GOD is great. I pray Kendall continues to be pain free and high-spirited. She is truly amazing & ya'll are doing a WONDERFUL job taking care of her. I'm glad ya'll got to have some special alone time, but I know the excitement is building for this weekend. Have a great reunion & game-time. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  8. kendall layne... hey girl im so happy i got to talk to you on the phone it gave me so much happiness, when my mom called and told me the news i was so hysterical and thought omg how could this ever happen to such a health and amaziing person... but just hearing you say that your feeling some better made my heart so happy.. i so wish we wouldnt have drifted in the way that we have but i got out some of those old pictures from disney world and the beach oh gah and the photo booth at six flags when we were seven...and my mom was reminding me of those late nite ball games and ordering pizza after . daryl always wanted me to be better but lets face it i only played for fun we all know i SUCKED!! anyway girl i love you and you and your family are on my minds everyday.. stay the strong loving kendall i know you are!
    love Robin Herring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey babe,
    I know this is a little early for me but, I have not been able to stop thinking about you today. (more so than usual) I hate it so much that today has been a little tougher than the past. May God grant you some peace, restful sleep and a pain free night. Just remember be still and know God is with you. Sometimes it is so hard to feel his presence when our lives are in such a world wind, that is when it is so important to be still. God is good all day long just remember we have to go through chapter 40 to get to 41. I pray every day your chapter 41 will be soon. We can not wait to see you. Continue to be strong!
    With all our love,
    Daddy and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Team Kendall,
    As I asked God to reveal to me a Scripture to send for comfort for you guys, the Spirit pointed out your Dad's post talking about the wonderful sermon we heard Sunday and it reminded me of Psalms 40 and 41. These were 2 psalms written by David. In my study Bible it says Psalm 40 is about being patient while doing God's will and Psalm 41 is described as a prayer for God's mercy when feeling sick or abandoned. Also, for remembering who you are in Christ, read Ephesians 1.

    Just to add something your dad posted, Be strong and courageous, because the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go (paraphrase of Johsua 1:9)

    May you have a Blessed day tomorrow!

    In Christ's love,
    Brian, Tammy, and Lauren Hall

    ReplyDelete