Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A.S.A.P.

ASAP (as soon as possible) is what the doctor said this morning while he was in Kendall's room. He was pleased that her fever was gone and again commented on her "happy" attitude. The doctor said that he wished more of his patients acted as good as Kendall did. But we didn't go home empty handed. Kendall is to continue her IV antibiotics from an outpatient status. Kendall will have to continue receiving her antibiotics through the IV instead of in pills. A nurse came around and showed us how to change out the IV and care and clean it just as if she was in the hospital. And more medications.

When we arrived at the apartment, their was a sigh of relief between the 3 of us. No, it's not home but it sure is better than being in the hospital. I began to rearrange Kendall's schedule as it all has changed a little bit. Reorganized her medications to dispense and review her new diet. The doctors haven't restricted her diet too much, but with some of the medications that she is taking we had to modify it a little. We then had to wait on a nurse to bring out all of Kendall's medication and supplies for the IV. As soon as that was done, Kendall wanted to get out for a while. We went to Target and walked around. It was good to get her moving instead of watching her sit in the bed. I think the exercise did her some good. We then ordered take out at a local Chinese restaurant and went back to the apartment to watch a movie. Dinner and a movie. I was a little sad because Dylan wasn't here to watch the movie with us. So we called the kids to see what they were doing. They had all ate together at Bragan's and Bretts house tonight. It was good to hear that things are carrying on as normal as possible in Gardendale.

I talked to some friends and family members tonight and wanted to thank all of them for keeping us in your thoughts. I feel so blessed to have a group of people not only in my life but also in Kendall's life that care about us the was you do. I had lunch with my mother today and was telling her that there are so many good people in the world and how thankful I was to just know them. Kendall's journey is definitely becoming life changing for many of us, me especially. I see things from a different angle. I'm learning more and more every day. I can't seem to find the words to describe exactly what it is that's going on but I will keep searching for them.

A.S.A.P. means exactly what it says. It may be now, an hour from now or even tomorrow. But As Soon As Possible in Gods time is soon enough for me....

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Kendall was able to go back to the apartment! I know she was ready to leave already! I found a poem online and I wanted to share it with you....

    Look To The Master

    I could never imagine what your going through but
    Gods in control and he cares for you.
    He sees your pain your tears as they fall look
    to your father in heaven on him you must call.
    I know that sometimes life things don't seem fair
    but God wouldn't put on you more then you can bare.
    So just keep the "Faith" what ever you do and know
    in Gods timing there a healing for you.

    By Rhonda J.Pearson


    I hope yall are getting some much needed rest, and I just wanted to let you know that I love yall and hope to talk to you real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning all from all of us here in Knoxville. Daryl, I must say brother, that you are a very special person. I am so proud of how you are handling this situation God has put all of you in, and your writing "paints the picture" of what is going on. I almost feel that I am right there with you. I never knew how well you could write, may need to re-think your profession. You are doing a great job and I want you to know that I am standing right here with you. Kendall, I am so proud of you as well. I wish I could be there to give you a hug. Just keep smiling and God will get you through this journey. He has a plan for all of us and we just have to trust in Him. My friend in Virginia and her church is making you a prayer quilt. It will be your favorite color, prayed over in three services by the pastor and all of the church members. As each one prays over this quilt they will each tie a knot in it, in which the knots will represent their prayers for you. I will send it to you as soon as I get it. She also is a purple lover, so she said she was going to send you a purple goodie box too. I love you and you stay strong! Tammy, you hang in there girl. I know this is really hard on you, as it is on all our family and friends. You are a very strong person and I know we will make it through all of this. Hugs and kisses to you. I have been thinking about all of you non-stop and find it hard to concentrate at times. I just have to stop whatever I am doing and say a prayer and I feel so much better. My heart goes out to all of you and I just want you all to know that I am thinking of you. Can't wait till you all get to come home. Love to all, David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Team Kendall,

    Waking up at the apartment, your home-away-from-home, has got to be a wonderful feeling...no nurses throughout the night, no hallway talking, no beeping machines - just peaceful rest.

    "Daryl's Daily" is a must read every morning - my dose of 'feel good' with coffee. I can't wait for the book version...can you imagine what an inspiration this blog would be in that form!!!

    Today's quote..."I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstances but by our disposition." - Martha Washington

    All three of you are displaying the character, strength and dedication we all wish for. I know that you do what you have to do in life, but to be a witness to such courage is ... (fill in the blank - all the good words in the dictionary.) Daryl said it...life changing...but not only yours, your family and friends...have you seen the counter on this blog...thousands of lives influenced.

    Belinda and I were talking yesterday about just this and the why of it all. That's the hardest part for me - Why? But I have to realize that God's plan doesn't need my approval. Why isn't as important as getting through, overcoming, and positivity in the face of adversity. Heroes, to each other and those of us watching. Keep it up!!!

    Lifting you up

    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAISE! I again thank GOD for the wonderful progress you continue to make. I know it's nice to get back 'home' and I must say you can't go wrong with Chinese food & a movie. I'm most happy to hear that your smile is still going - you have such a wonderful attitude and that is important. You are truly shining for GOD - you are an inspiration to us all. Keep it up and we will continue to pray, pray, pray. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so glad to read that Kendall got to leave the hospital. Gardendale is not the same with out you three here. Take care of each other and remember God is with you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey babe,
    I am early in my post today because I just booked our tickets for next week. We can not wait to see you and spend some long waited time together. I will send you another post at bed time. Hope you are having a great day away from the hospital. Until tonight hugs and kisses.
    Daddy and Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Kendal, Darrell and Tammy, I have not been able to read your blog in a few days, I have a new grandbaby, born last Wed. Paisley Brooke Orazine. I am sorry to hear that you have been back in the hospital. I am so please though to hear about your great attitude. Its seems God is doing a work in each of you. We continue to lift you up each day. Love Regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. KTD, Well glad you are all back together at the apartment and out of the hospital. I hope and pray for your continuous fight to get stronger everyday. It is so great to be able to hear and know all that is going on with you everyday, Alot of us would go crazy not knowing what is happening. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, we miss you so much. Darryl, you are doing such a great job on keeping everyone up to date with Kendall's journey. Kendall, what an amazing person you are. A couple of verses I want to share with you.
    2 Cor 12:9 My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
    Psalm 57:1 ..in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by.
    There are so many people praying for you and I believe there is power in prayer. We love you all and are praying for healing, God is the great physician. We pray that you will soon be home with your family and friends. Love Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, here I go again with all of my infinite wisdom, but someone did share this with me during a tough time in my life and I just wanted to share it with you and Tammy.

    "I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties, for when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

    We love you all! Tomorrow will be a great day!

    Mike and Tina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Dollface :)
    It has been forever since I wrote on here but do not be discouraged I look at the site everyday at work just so i know what it going on. I miss you like crazy and all the talks we have had. You have actually been brought up in conversations with people and the things that you have said like all you want is for me to be happy has meant so much to me just because that is how you truely feel and I cannot even begin to explain to you how much that has meant to me.

    I'm not going to be sad and depressing. When you get back were going to Sumos thats for dang sure.. oh and also very proud of you for actually reading the first chapter in twilight altho i have to tell you.. you need to read the trueblood series (they are soooo much better) let me know and ill send them to you i have all the books :)

    i love you and miss you so much and can't wait until you get back :)

    ReplyDelete