Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What Day Is It?

As day 2 in Houston comes to a close, I sit here, going through my notebook, trying to figure out what is the next move. I can't even remember what day it is, how long we've been here or what needs to get done now. I take notes when the doctors are in. I try and write down things they tell me I will need to do in the future with Kendall. Today, the doctors were telling us about the classes we need to take to be able to clean the pic line that is connected to Kendall. About how we needed to make sure something is flushed out and something is changed regularly. About how much we will have to do for this thing and how we need to handle that thing. I'm hurriedly making chicken scratch in one section of the notebook for care and then in the hospital personnel section when we meet a new nurse or doctor. All I could think is that I'm not even the patient and I have to do all of this. I cannot even begin to think how Kendall must feel. I want to take away her pain so much and I can't. So I look at Kendall to try and offer a smile of encouragement or to tell her that I love her and she looks so relaxed and comfortable like none of this is bothering her. The strength that she must have to take all this in is unbelieveable. I need to be taking lessons from her.......

.....So the doctors do more tests, more blood work and have even done more MRI's. They told us today that all the final test results should be in late tomorrow or Thursday morning. They will tell us what type exactly of Leukemia she has and how they are going to treat it. They also said that she could possibly make it to outpatient status in a few weeks. Outpatient status means we still have to be in Houston but she will not have to be admitted in the hospital. We will have to bring her in for daily treatments and doctors appointments. This could all last up to 4 to 6 weeks if everything goes well. All of this, of course, could change tomorrow and it could be that we have to be here for 6 months. It's Whatever it is cause I'm here for the long haul. We are staying in a motel right now, well I mean our stuff is there, but we are looking for something for an extended stay. The social services department has been wonderful meeting with us and helping us get adjusted. We have even meet some other people in the hospital and they have told us about their expierences living with Leukemia. Some of their expierences have been amazing while some of them have been stuggling for a year. I then began to wonder what kind of expierence ours is going to be with Kendall. If I know Kendall, it is going to be amazing because fighting for something has always been right up her alley. All I can say is watch out Leukemia, here comes Kendall.

They have been giving Kendall some chemo pills to help with her white blood count so they don't get too high. She says that she is losing her taste buds, nothing taste right anymore. Then she really became mad and said she was going to hurt someone if she wasn't able to taste Sumo's anymore. Sumo's is her and Chase's favorite place to eat. I swear I think they could eat there about every night. ...
......Kendall went to the beauty shop today with the intention of getting a hair cut. They have told her that she will probably lose it. I, of course, was against it and want her to wait. They closed at 5:00pm and it was about 4:20 when we went down. I was pushing her in the whell chair and told her I was going to push it real fast but instead, I took as much time as I could. I was even going to purposely get lost on the way down so She couldn't get it cut. Little did I know that the beauty shop was staring us in the face when we stepped out of the elevator. So much for that idea. However, the lady working said it was too close to closing time and she wouldn't have time to do all of that. So Kendall settled for a wash instead, but told she would be back. That gives me a little time to think up of another excuse. ....
.....I have been taking pictures and wanted to have some of them posted by now but I left the usb cable in the luggage that we weren't allowed to bring. I should hope to have some up by thursday so B.O.L.O for them. ...
....Tammy was alot better today as we discussed the "Kendall journey". I know she's worried about Kendall, Dylan, Whitney Chad and Karsyn, Bragan and Brett, her family and friends, her job, our neighbors and a dozen other things that I see in her face. I see the pain in her as well and am trying so hard to take her pain away . ...Tammy, I know you have a hard time reading these post without crying so I want to tell you that I love you, I support you, honor and cherish you.. We will make it through this and be laughing about all of this several months from now as we take Kendall HOME!!!! She will probably force us to let her drive home so she can get their faster and honestly, that will be ok with me. I will gladly pay for a speeding ticket if she gets one....

.....I came across this scripture while looking for inspirational bible verses that I would like to share:
Proverbs 16:9 In their hearts human beings plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.

God does have a plan for Kendall, this might not have been what Kendall has planned for but I trully believe that there is a plan and that it is in Gods hand. He is holding her hand and I have no doubt that Kendall will follow......

22 comments:

  1. Kendall, 10 days and counting. We love you very much and are praying for you everyday. We can't wait to see you!!!

    Love you bunches!
    Whitney, Chad & Karsyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall, Tammy, and Daryl

    Just wanted to let you all know that I am praying for your family daily. God will take care of you Kendall! God has awesome plans for your life.

    Jessica Moman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendall, I know it's got to be very hectic and confusing with all you are hearing, seeing, and doing. Just remember that there are hundreds, no probably thousands of people praying for you as you face this giant, but there is no doubt in our minds that like David you will kick this giant and walk away with that "yeah...I beat you" smirk on your face.I for one can't wait to see it! I guess God gave you that "Thomas" hard headedness for a reason now put it to good use!!!I know Darryl has had you saying "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" also remember Isaiah 53:5 that says "with his stripes we are healed." I know what a strong and special young woman you are and I know you would not have chosen this path in life for yourself but we know that God has a plan for your life and will lead you where he wants you to go. You are in our prayers daily and we can't wait to see you. Love you bunches Kiddo. Aunt Stacy, Uncle Mark, Sierra, & Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy and Darryl, both Beverly's family and mine are praying for all of you daily. You will find that when you think you have nothing left, a great God will reach down and show you the strength you have deep down inside. I know your family-especially Kendall will have a 100% recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want you to know that MANY are praying for you...We haven't forgotten our promise to take care of Dylan at Bragg. Love you. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tammy, Daryl & Kendall

    I just wanted you to know that my family is praying for you. A friend of mine on Facebook posted a link to this blog and after reading it, I have a very hopeful heart. God is going to take care of you and soon you will be able to look back on this and see the many wonderful things God has planned for you!

    I reposted the link to your blog on my FB page so people will know to keep you and your family in their prayers. Please know that you are in our hearts and prayers!

    The Taylor Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendall, Randall and I are praying for you constantly, even maddie says a special prayer for you at night. We love you so much and hopefully we might even make a road trip out to visit you! Daryl and Tammy we are praying for you also. Thanks for the updates!!!
    Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, Daryl and Kendall
    Love you guys, and Daryl you are so right in saying God has a plan, we can't see it now but he will use Kendall in such a very special way. We are praying for healing, strenght and wisdom. Love you all. The Sisson Family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy, Daryl and Kendall,
    I am praying for you. I know it must be hard. Kendall go for the short hair. It'll look good on you.
    If there is anything you need, let us know.
    Love always,
    Aunt Donna
    Oh yea -- Brian is home. He has a red beard. Check him out on facebook. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kendall - You are such a special young woman. It says something when you are an inspiration to people who have never met you & people who are miles away from you. "Esther" comes to mind - she didn't understand God's plan or realize the impact she could have on the world - I know that there will be a time when you look back and say "Now I get it" and you will also see the difference you have made in the lives of those around you. Stay strong & know we'll be praying daily. We love you, Chuck & Anne Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Team Kendall,

    We had a neighborhood party this morning sending Dylan and Nicolette off to school. I can't wait to hear the stories of their day this afternoon.

    I hope it is a comfort to you, as it is to me, to know we're only a keyboard apart. This blog is fabuluous for keeping us updated and letting us send you guys stuff. Thanks Daryl for the entries.

    God rolled the strength and courage of an entire army into you guys. But remember to take care of yourselves in order to benefit Kendall. My wish for you tonight is rest - deep and peaceful sleep to renew you.

    I find myself thinking about you off and on all day long and check this site often. It is a true testimony of faith and must be pleasing to Our Father.

    I think it is a good idea to look up inspirational and motivational quotes and I commit to sending you positive thoughts daily...

    "This is my wish for you - Confort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrueds, rainbos to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth and love to complete your life."

    Lifing you up

    Tina M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kendall, Darryl is so right when he says that God is holding your hand as you walk down this path that He has chosen for you. Sometimes the pieces of the puzzle are so hard to understand, but remember how many people love you and are praying for you. Go get this thing taken care of because we are ready for you to come home. Give your mom a big hug from me.
    Lots of love,
    Sissy

    And thanks Darryl for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daryl, Tammy and Kendall,
    We were on vacation last week. The neighbors have filled us in on whats been happening. Know that you guys are in our prayers. Know that God is watching over you and will carry you through this difficult stretch. Just call His name. Also know that we can help with Dylan and would love to have him stay with us at any point. We can take to or pick up from anywhere he needs to go or If he needs to come to Houston over a weekend, I will be glad to fly with him. Just say the word. Becky and Jeremy said he's welcomed to stay with them as well. Don't worry about things back home. Your neighbors will take care of everything. Just keep us posted on anything you might need that we wouldn't be aware of. We love you guys. Big Hugs from the Ryders:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Ms. Tammy and Daryl! It's Christy, Michelle's sister. I just wanted you to know that I know how overwhelming this stuff is. Although Noah didn't have leukemia, I did have to learn about pic lines, keeping it flushed with saline, how to ck the ports, draw blood, and all that medical "info"....but God doesn't allow you to go through something without giving you the strength to make it. He has faith in you and your family, and you WILL make it through. Kendall and all of you are in my prayers, and I love you guys! One verse in the Bible that got me through all the tuff times in and out of hospitals with Noah is:
    " Jeremiah 29:11....For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future!!!" If there's anything I can do, please just ask!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are praying for you daily. God is holdng you in His hands and will give you strength. Kendall, you are strong and faithful and that will help you in this journey.
    We love you, Randy, Sandy, Hayden, and Jordan Gann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tammy, Annie just told me about Kendall. I am so sorry that you all are going through this. I will do anything you need or want me to do. Please tell Daryl to post the address where you guys are staying. I love you so much! You are not alone! 256-636-1795 cell 256-739-3434 home treid@listerhill.com or teresareid@live.com home. Anytime, day or night I am there for you. I love you. Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am reading the blog everyday and every time I do I cry with you. You are always in my thoughts and look forward to being able to see you and all your family at the reunion next year. I wish there was something I could do to take away some of the pain, but I know all I can do is cry with you and keep you in my prayers.

    Love you guys
    Deb Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  18. Daryl,

    I just saw your name mentioned of Facebook and clicked onto the link for the blog spot. Kendall's story brought me to tears. Please know that you will all be in my prayers. If there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know. God bless you all and continue to give you strength. I will be reading everyday for updates.

    Love you,
    Wendi Alexander Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know any of you, but my positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Have you taken Kendall to an energy healer? Negative emotional blocks cause stress and stess causes cancer to develop. Remove the cause of the stress and the environment is not conducive to cancer growth. If this resonates with you, please contact me. My friend used alternative therapies to cure his cancer, so I know it can and will work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kendall, Tammy and Daryl... Lyn and Ed are keeping me posted on how all of you are doing. You have so many people praying for you; the Prayer Warrior web just keeps on growing. Kendall, I know God is going to help you beat this thing. I want to share my favorite Bible verse - Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

    Remember that last part: "Plans to give you hope AND A FUTURE!"

    Daryl and Tammy, you guys treat me like family. I love you like you're my own and, in fact, in God's eyes, we are family. Keep up the Faith!!!

    Susan Harper

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kendall...you are so beautiful inside and out and I know whatever you decide to do about your hair, you will ROCK it and still be just as gorgeous as you have always been! And Tenley says "Hello and she loves you"...LOVE...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are strong!- We love you. Exodus 15:26-remember ...."I am the Lord who heals you"

    ReplyDelete