Monday, September 28, 2009

A Child' s Eye

No one can mistake the love in a child's eyes. Children are no doubt the work of God. No matter what they do, we will always love them. No matter how old the children become, we are all children of God and I can only imagine what He sees when he looks at us. As tired as I may become. As homesick as I may get. As depressed and sad as I am that this is happening to Kendall.....I see so much love in her eyes every time I look at her. Her eyes tell the whole story. And that is the reason I believe has changed my life. I can see God through her. Shining and smiling so brite that I believe children are Gods greatest treasure.

As we sat in the living room of the apartment today we talked about what we were going to do when we get home. Hug family and friends...and the dogs and catch up on the past 6-8 weeks of their lifes. Of course this all depends on good reports tomorrow from the doctor. Kendall said she wasn't going to even start packing until she was cleared. We are all trying to down play a little bit. Don't won't to seem too anxious...but we are all ready.

Kendall's fever stayed down today and she has felt ok. We didn't want to do anything to chance making her fever going up. Me and Tammy sanitized the apartment one last time before the weekend trip home and washed up all the clothes...you know just in case.

Reading tonight, I came across this prayer. I took these two verses out to share as they seemed to make me think more about things. To be... "filled to the measure of all the fullness of God" is where I want to be. I have never been the man of God that I have wanted to be. I can tell the confidence in a man that has "that fullness". It is something that I want to fill up on.

The other part... "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" is such a blessing to know that God is here to answer our prayers...all our prayers. We just need to pray.


Ephesians 3:19-20
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

6 comments:

  1. I just want you all to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday! I hope everything goes well, so that you do get to go home for a few days to spend time with family and friends! Kendall, you are such an amazing person, and I love you so much! Daryl, I agree that you find the perfect bible verses that applies to what you are going through, and it also comes in handy when I look at my life and what I struggle with. You all will never leave my hearts!!! I hope Dylan's wrist feels better.. He's a strong young man, and I miss seeing that cute smile of his... GOD BLESS YALL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall, Tammy and Darlyl,

    I pray all goes well for you today and you will
    be back in Gardendale by Wed. night. Daryl and
    Tammy, what awesome parents ya'll have been.
    I can truly say what an inspiration you are to
    your family and just how a family should be.
    Always there for everyone. You have lived up
    to the "charge" given you. God Bless each of
    you and all of your family members.

    Love,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Tuesday TK...

    I've been saving this quote for today...

    "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." - Dorothy

    Prayers today for testing and results that are pleasing and merit a trip home, for travels that are without complication, for easy transition back to homeplate and for enough hugs, laughter, kisses and loving to boost your everything. All praise and glory to God. May the Holy Spirit descend on you and shower you with graces.

    Lifting you up
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer for you today is that Kendall will be cleared to come home for the weekend. I know that will give you new strength to move to the next step. Gardendale is praying for each of you. Take care Kendall.

    Love and prayers,
    Kim Mulford

    ReplyDelete
  5. We too are praying for good results today and a complete cleansing for total recovery any day, God's day that he has made for you. I am going to the store today just for items to make your dish, hope you will be able to come and have dinner with us, but will understand if not, i will send dinner by Chase if you can't. Just knowing your home will be a peace we have not had in some time.

    Oh by the way just a warning Chase looks pretty bad, even worse since the picture he sent you. I felt sorry for him having to go back to school today. So you can really rag him.

    Excited about your arrival and praying time will go slow and you get the charge you need to continue and finish the journey with such amazing spirit.

    Love you,
    Ms. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those big beautiful eyes of Kendall's have always said so much about how she is feeling or what she is thinking. I just told Emily last night how much Kendall's eyes and face shined in the new pictures.

    We can't wait to see you all and pray for a safe trip home. I know it will be good medicine for everyone.

    Love, Sissy

    ReplyDelete