Monday, September 7, 2009

A New Week

Today was the last day of a very restful weekend. Today was also the day that Chase left to go back home. This morning, as I tried to sleep in late, I laid in the bed and could hear Chase and Kendall laughing in the living room. They were having such a good time, I hated to spoil it by going in there. They were aggravating one another and laughing so loud like nothing else was going on in the world. We ordered pizza for lunch and watched tv until it was time to take Chase to the airport. I thought Kendall would go with me but she chose to stay behind. They said their goodbyes and off we went to the airport. Me and Chase talked about Kendall again and about her treatment. Chase was better this time around and I know he made Kendall feel better.

Back at the apartment we caught up on some sleep and watched a movie. Dylan called to tell me about his turtle that he got over at my mother's house. He was so excited telling me about it. And of course he wants to keep it inside.

Kendall has several tests scheduled this week and we hope to find out the results of the MRI and Bone Marrow Aspiration this week. Not much other than that going on.

5 comments:

  1. Good morning TK,

    I talked to Dylan this morning at the bus stop and he is going to bring "Spot" over tonight to let me see. I'm going to try and re-name the thing, no self-respecting turtle would be named Spot. We'll see how it goes. I'm thinking Herman.

    I forgot to tell Ed Happy Birthday, but will take care of that this afternoon. Or if he is reading this...Happy Birthday Ed!!!

    I'm so very thankful that the weekend was restful for you guys, that it was low-key and relaxing. It's like letting the air out of a float...sometimes you just need to deflate.

    Today's thought..."Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are." - Bernice J. Reagon

    There's a line in a song, I don't know which one, that says "I did what I thought I couldn't do" - doesn't that kind of sum it all up. If I was a betting gal, I'd bet Daryl never thought he'd be called to be the pencil in the hand of God and I'd bet Tammy would have never found out just how strong she is. There is much more that you've discovered about yourselves and your magnificent family...more good, more pride, more selflessness, more sacrifice.

    Prayers for the upcoming week for more refreshing rest, good news from test results, and laughter and tears as necessary to cleanse. Thank you, Jesus, for all your blessings and mercy. Please envelope this family in your loving arms and guide them as they continue the path to total healing. Cradle them in times of worry and anxiety and provide them with faith and hope. In God's name...

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kendall, Tammy & Daryl,
    May God give each of you a peaceful week and great reports. I miss each of you very much and can't wait to see ya. Kendall stay strong and strong will. Tammy and Daryl I am very proud of the two of you. I love ya with all my heart!!!!

    MiChele & BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well - back at work & back frm TN, it has seemed like forever. I enjoyed getting away, BUT I need my routine more than I care to admit....... It was great catching up on all the news over the past few days. I missed having the availability of a computer. It sounds like there have been some good reports and good, restful times spent with family & friends. I pray that all will go well this week. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey to all! Just got to read the blog today. I just want you all to know that I am thinking of you. Hope you have a great week. Stand strong, He is with you. Love you, Brother David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall, i admire youre strength so much. you being so brave has inspried me, as well as the blogs that are posted everyday. ive realized that life is precious and everyday is a gift and not a given right. i hope you know that you are beautiful inside and out. i wish you luck with all of your upcoming treatments. war eagle:)

    love yall.
    -karley.

    ReplyDelete