Thursday, September 17, 2009

Home???

I began to realize today that whenever any one of us refer to where we are staying...we call it "the apartment" and not home. But the apartment is slowly becoming a home away from home due to the amount of time being spent here. But I don't want to recognize it as being home. I have a home and we all want to go there. Even though I have been taking this a day at a time, when I look back...there have been a lot of days gone by. Little by little the things that all of us have done on a daily basis are becoming lost in time. A few examples are with Dylan. We called each other a dozen times or so every day between us. Talking about our day and about Kendall. The phone calls haven't stopped...but have decreased on both sides. Seeing my K9 partner Hasso every day for the last 4 years to not at all. Small things like this go on and I know I shouldn't worry about them too much but I still think about them. But no matter where I am, at home in Gardendale or in Houston, I am at home with God. I have made him a daily concern in my life and that change has been good. There is a need to pray to Him every day for something or somebody and I will continue to do that on a daily basis.

Kendall has been "normal" today if you want to call it that. She has not been too tired or complained of any pain or discomfort...other than having Leukemia. Bragan and Candice left today so we were all a little sad. Kendall as well as Tammy and me enjoyed their company but the time went by so fast. Time spent with family and friends has really took on a new look. Everything is appreciated a little more.

Kendall has to have blood work done tomorrow to see where her counts are. I expect them to be really low, but Kendall has done so well the last few days they may surprise me. We are looking to make a trip home on September 30 if all goes as planed. So far we are on track for the trip. We will only be there through the weekend but I think it will do Kendall some good to be HOME for a few days.

I looked at this verse today that talked about being at home. Home seemed to take on another meaning instead of "the apartment". I think being Home with God is my choice no matter where I am.

Corinthians 5:8-9
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

8 comments:

  1. Kendall,
    I pray that your trip home goes as plan. That
    is such good news and I know everyone from
    Mt. Olive to Gardendale will have open loving
    arms for your arrival. Stay strong, start
    marking the days off the calendar, and you
    will be home before you know it. Remember,
    God is with us in our every thought, word and
    deed and he knows how badly you want to go home
    for a break.
    I pray that today will be a restful and good
    day for you.
    Love,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl,
    Home is where you make it. As long as you have God first then family everything else will fall in place. Having family and friends is the best thing in life, but having God in your life tops it all. With God the three of you can conquer all. Tell Tammy and Kendall I pray daily and even though we don't see each other or talk everyday BJ and I miss ya very much! Stay strong and we love ya very much.
    MiChele & BJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord for Fridays

    Good Morning TK,

    Close your eyes and go home...you can always draw from that. Your family is strong and has an abundance of love, a willingness to work and a loyal streak like no other. Take comfort and trust that because of this journey your family and home will flourish in ways that could not have been imagined. The proof is already there for all to see.

    Because of God and our ability to escape within ourselves, we can all have the privilege of feeling at home anywhere. Use that mechanism and capture your "homeness."

    I just keep imagining you hitting the Alabama State Line, then Tuscaloosa, then bessemer exit...then you're only 20 minutes away... I've always heard you don't know what you have til it's gone (or something like that)...well that's how I feel about you guys being away...I miss my neighbors. I could always count on you for nail polish remover, egg or cotton balls. LOL. Sent Nic just the other day for colored pencils....Belinda came through again!!!!

    Anyway, we're all in the same boat, although you guys are the captains, we're homesick with you and for you, if that makes sense.

    Today's quote..."Wherever you go always bring your own sunshine."

    Keep that brilliant, beautiful smile Kendall, and Tammy and Daryl, you smile too, just 12 more days.

    Prayers for the ability to manage the homesickness and make the time away from home productive and quick. Please, Lord, bless this family with your love and peace, keep them in a fighting spirit, provide them with necessities and continue to grow their faith and trust in you. Thank you for all we have.

    Lifting you up,
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not know Kendall but I have been following your blog faithfully and pray for Kendall everyday. Last night I was feeling down and the Lord led me to this song by Leona Lewis - Footprints in the Sand, I instantly thought of Kendall and her journey. She may have heard this; but it was so beautiful and a message that we all need to remember everyday that we struggle; it made me remember that yes GOD is always there and he is watching and holding Kendall in the palm of his hand. God bless you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall,

    I'll never forget when i first found out the news, i was soo upset. I know we were never really friends but i jus want you to know that I and my family are praying for you! My mom works in the cancer wing at UAB; I also work at UAB, so I see the toll that cancer takes on patients everyday. Dont let it get you down, keep your head up and stay strong! You have to hurry and get well because you have tons of family and friends waiting for you to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yall are in my prayers everyday. I feel like god has big plan for Kendall,right now we have a habit of wondering and saying why me lord? Back in 2000 me and my family where involed in serious wreck everyday for a while ask god why us. But i realize after the wreck that as family we more close then we had everybeen and even more close to god. So coming to a conculsuion let us pray, lord al mighty we want to lift up Kendall to you lord for to put your loving and healing hands on her lord. That when she does go back to docotor lord that the cancer will be gone, the doctors will say we nerver seen this before, but lord we will stand up proclam it was GOD AMIGHT that heal her. So once again as for peace kendall and her family, we ask this in your holy most perious name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning all! I'm so glad to hear that you get to make a trip home. I'm so sad that I will not be able to come down to see you. But know this my family, I love you and I am here with you always! Team Kendall of Knoxville and Fredericksburg continue to pray for you Kendall! Team Kendall of EVERYWHERE continues to pray for you!

    My brother, I cannot express how proud I am of you. If I only had half the strength you continue to show every day I would be a lot better off. I am drawing strength from you through all of this and I am here right with you. Please give hugs and kisses to all! I love you, brother David

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad things are going good - know it was nice to have an adventure to the beach. We will continue to pray for healing, good counts and big smiles - and will also be praying that all goes well for that "HOME" visit. Love to all, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete