Monday, September 21, 2009

Standing Still

One day at a time is what we said we would do. This is how we are going to fight this. To date, Kendall is winning all the rounds in my opinion. She continues to improve and perform like a winner. Her strength has given her so much determination to accomplish this journey. And I have no doubt that she will.

Emily arrived Sunday and the two of them have not been separated since. The laughter and excitement going on around the apartment yesterday was loud. I can expect more of this to happen all week. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow for blood work and a Lumbar Puncture. I hope tomorrow goes smoother than this past Friday did. You never seem to know what to expect when we go. That's all the more reason to go one day at a time. Everything can change so quickly now.

Being still is where I feel I am right now. The last few days for me have been....odd. Several "fights" I have been in lately have left me feeling almost helpless. No matter what I seem to do...I can't seem to put the pieces together. So I'm going to just be still and let God work on a few things for me. Never before have I felt that prayer has worked more for me than this past couple of months. Tomorrow is another day and I'm going to finish enjoying today and not worry anymore about tomorrow. My faith, family and friends have become the biggest part of me....so....let's get to it.

Exodus 14:14
The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.


Lord...I'm still....I lay this before you only to pick it up tomorrow with your blessing. Your love for Kendall is shinning so bright..I can see the way. Thank you..Amen

5 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Kendall - we are praying for you daily and for the doctors and nurses at MD - Your dad is doing a great job keeping us posted and Daryl I receive such a blessing from your choice of bible verses and how they relate to the daily activities - awesome - tell Tammy hello and all of you take care - Love & Laughter, Judy Douglas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl, I am Chase's Aunt Cindi. When I read the title of the post tonight I immediately thought of this song. Kendall knows that my daughter was diagnosed with something a few years back and I told her how I prayed and had faith that God would take care of her. I had to let him be in control and trust his word. There is another song that is by The Perry's called There's Power in Prayer also The Crabb Family's Through The Fire that I hope if you can you can listen to but this song by the Isaacs is very moving. I remember driving in my car playing these songs over and over again, singing along that is only when I was alone. I continue to pray for Kendall's healing and think about her several times a day. Hope these songs can give you some comfort. Cindi Handley

    Stand Still - The Isaacs lyrics


    Verse 1:
    The Father has a plan. Though it's hard to see it now
    You f eel you're walking all alone. But He is there no doubt
    When the storm around you rages, And you're tossed to and fro
    When you're f aced with life's decisions, Not sure which way to go

    Chorus:
    Stand still and let God move,
    Standing still is hard to do
    When you f eel you have reached the end,
    He'll make a way for you
    Stand still and let God move

    Verse 2:
    When the enemy surrounds you, And the walls are closing in
    When the tide is swiftly rising, And you wonder where He's been
    Friend, there never was a moment, That His arms weren't reaching out
    You can rest assured and be secure, God is moving right now

    Chorus

    When you f eel you have reached the end, He'll make a way for you
    Stand still and let God move
    The answer will come, But only in His time

    Stand still and let God move, Stand still and let God move

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl,
    This is from Billy, no matter how bad it is, it's just ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE!!Keep letting God be the pilot and go for the ride. We love ya very much.

    Love Ya,
    MiChele, Billy and BJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning TK + Emily,

    I can almost hear the girly laughter and giggles all the way on Magnolia. Play, share, cry and laugh...it will do you all a world of good and cleanse and freshen your outlooks.

    Today's quote..."Anyone cane give up. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand ifyou fell apart --- that's true strength."

    Be still. I'm thinking about that. What does it mean really? Like overload maybe? Like breathing through labor pains maybe? I don't have the answer -- I just know that you guys are living through a trial...one that tests all aspects of your lives, strength, determination, faith and on and on. How many tests can you bear? GOD KNOWS. How much can you take? GOD KNOWS. What else can you do? GOD KNOWS.

    Daryl, your spirituality is showing. You've said in this blog that this part of your life has been neglected in the past...I don't believe that. Maybe it wasn't in the forefront, but to have the faith and wisdom you do is the mark of a true believer. You have power you never dreamed of. You are capable of doing things you never thought possible. There are no limitations on what you can do. Stop, be still, and think this could be the one of the reasons for this journey...for all of us to witness true faith from a true believer whose back is against the wall.

    Only 8 days left!!! Tammy, I can't wait to see you guys - imagine the reunion!!!

    Prayers for strength and staying the course. Thank you Lord for all we are.

    Lifting you up,
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey TK

    I haven't commented in a while, just been reading them and praying silently. I am amazed at Daryl's writing ability and the bible verses are really touching me also. I miss you guys.

    Kendall I am amazed at your courage. Its working and we see it or realize it through Daryl's blog. Just keep it up. I am so happy that your able to have visitors out in TX.

    Prayers for strength and staying the course. I thank the Lord for you guys and pray His continued blessings for each of you.

    Love Aunt Donna.

    ReplyDelete