Sunday, September 6, 2009

Looking for Peace

I've had a few days to think about what I want to say on here tonight. Kendall has been doing really good. Her energy level is increasing. Her mood has been great. And her confidence level is increasing daily about her losing her hair. I really expect her to not be wearing anything on her head in a few days only showing her ability of how strong she is. She is such an incredible young lady....

We have been out a few times around town. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings Saturday afternoon to eat before the football game. Then back to the apartment to watch football. I did learn one thing. Chase gets very excited about Alabama football. Me being an Auburn fan, the only Auburn fan here, had to sit by the computer to listen to Auburn because I could not overpower all of them for the tv.

We woke up early this morning to get ready to go to church. Kendall hasn't really been able to get out alot except for the past few days, so we decided to go visit a local church. We went to Houston's First Baptist Church and had a nice time at the service. We then picked up some KFC for lunch and went back to the apartment.

Kendall and Chase took a nap so me and Tammy had a chance to talk about everything going on. We had agreed not to talk about it until everyone has left but it came up anyway. So many questions and concerns. Today, being Sunday, is usually the day we come together and eat and Tammy's mother and daddy's house for lunch. Whitney took the laptop down there and we did get to webcam together. It still wasn't the same as being there but it was nice to see and hear all of them laughing and talking.

I guess I didn't write yesterday as it had been a month since we found out about Kendall having Leukemia. Almost been a month since I've been home. I know things are going good right now but I just want to take my family home. Being apart has been hard, not only for us but for the ones that were left at home. I hold my composure together on the outside knowing that I struggle every day on the inside. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Tammy was on the porch today for longer than normal. Kendall went to check on her and told me that she was having a moment. She came in and went to the bedroom. I went in there with her and layed down beside her on the bed. I could tell that she had been crying. We talked for a while and she said to me, "Don't you just have those moments where you want to cry?" I didn't say anything. I just got up and walked off.


John 14:1
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

As hard as I found it to write tonight I found these two verses that inspired me to continue. The last few days with Kendall have been great, she has felt good and no problems have came up. So why do I still feel the pain inside. I guess until this is over there will always be a troubled heart inside.

4 comments:

  1. I went to school with Chase's parents, and Patti told me about Kendall's journey. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. On days when you just feel the pain and find it hard to smile, know that God's loving arm's are holding you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT"S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IT HAS BEEN ONE MONTH. I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED WHEN I WOKE UP AND SAW THAT THERE WAS NO BLOG TO READ, BUT THAT IS UNDERSTOOD. I JUST WISH I COULD BE THERE WITH YOU. I AM THERE WITH YOU IN YOUR HEART MY BROTHER AND I WILL NOT LEAVE, PLEASE KNOW THAT.

    "I PRAY LORD, AS I SIT HERE IN TEARS TRYING TO STAY STRONG, THAT YOU GIVE US ALL THE STRENGTH THAT WE SHALL NEED TO MAKE IT THROUGH THIS JOURNEY THAT WE ARE ALL ON TOETHER. I PRAY THAT YOU LAY YOUR HEALING HAND ON KENDALL AND WASH THIS ALL AWAY. I PRAY LORD THAT YOU GIVE STRENGTH TO KENDALL, AND TO MY BROTHER, AND TO HIS FAMILY, AND TO MY FAMILY, AND TO EVERY ONE OF THE TEAM KENDALL FOLLOWERS. LORD, I ALSO PRAY FOR THE MANY OTHERS THAT WHOM I DO NOT KNOW THAT IS HAVING SUCH A JOURNEY. ALL THIS I PRAY IN YOUR HOLY NAME, AMEN."

    I GOT TO SEE AND SPEND A LITTLE TIME WITH DYLAN THIS WEEKEND AND I AGGRAVATED HIM AS MUCH AS I COULD JUST AS YOU ASKED ME TOO. HAD A GREAT TIME BEING HOME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS, AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE DAY YOU ALL COME HOME. STAND STRONG MY BROTHER, I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. GOT A PLANE TO CATCH AT 5:00 AM, SO MAY BE A LITTLE LATE READING THE BLOG TOMORROW. LOVE YOU, BROTHER DAVID

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Labor Day TK,

    I too missed the blog yesterday, but was relieved to find out that Daryl was taking a day off rather than something being wrong.

    Today's quote..."If you're going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do...the body will get tired." -General George Patton

    I'm sensing exhaustion. Living in a state of constant chase, chasing health, chasing treatment, chasing germs, chasing worry about family, chasing, chasing, chasing. That's how you have been living for over a month. Give yourselves a break - and I mean it!!!

    There, don't you feel better. LOL. I'm trying to get you to giggle. Laughter is also a natural response to exhaustion and I myself prefer it since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. You'll get a break, you deserve a break, and we're all praying for a break. God'll give you a break.

    Continued prayers to cover your needs, bless your journey, open your hearts, lighten your fears, and keep your faith.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Team Kendall... Just got back from Lyn and Ed's where we cooked out to celebrate Ed's birthday tomorrow. I got to spend some time with Dylan. He's such a sweet young man and gave me lots of hugs. I told him I don't have anyone to give me hugs so he buried me with them.

    Daryl, I think he sent you a picture of his new pet via phone today. I looked out my front door and saw what I first thought were leaves, but after a double-take I realized it was a whopper of a turtle on the sidewalk leading up to my house. Where he/she/it came from I have no idea. I don't know of any creeks nearby and with fences around my yard, I'm at a complete loss with regard to its origins. Anyway, I called Lyn to see if Dylan would like a turtle. They both came over and Dylan loved it! He's going to e-mail Boyd and Wesley about turtles, I think.

    The turtle (Dylan hasn't named it yet) is currently living in big round red pail with a large low-lying rock so it can get out of the water Dylan put in the pail that now is mixed with 3 fishing worms he dug up from Lyn's back yard and some raw hamburger meat that was to give the turtle sustenance until Dylan could dig up the worms. Dylan must have told me thank you half a dozen times this evening when he helped me carry stuff from the cookout back to my house. I hope you don't mind his new pet. He did say there is a stream about 10 minutes from the house where he can set the turtle free if he thinks it wants to be free.

    Thought you'd get a kick out of one of Dylan's adventures today. The other involved Jamie's cat. :-)

    My prayer for you all tonight is for rest, sleep, peace, patience, and joy. Yes, joy... I know you all are sad about being separated from your families, but - believe it or not - your time together in Houston is building joyful moments to share with those you love back here when get together again. You've got so many people praying for you... I hope you can feel the love and support that is being sent your way.

    Have a great evening. I hope you get some much needed rest.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete