Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Number "48"

It's funny how sometimes people become attached to different things throughout their lifetime. One of them I want to tell you about today is the number 48. To some, it's just another number. But to me it has special meaning. I first came across the number almost twenty years ago when I was hired at Gardendale Police Department. My "call" number, is 48. From there it kind of took off and began to pop up everywhere. Part of the number in our address is 48. And Kendall's softball number is 48. She took that number very earlier in her softball years. She carried it all through little league, high school and now in college . I feel like at least a part of me is always with her to protect her. And now I also look at it as the 4th day of the 8th month when we found out something was wrong with her. Go figure.

Kendall hasn't felt good today. I could tell it in her eyes this morning. I went to take her temperature and we talked as we usually do but she kept taking the thermometer out of her mouth. After a couple of times I finally got a good reading. It was 99.1. Not to bad but it steadily made a climb up throughout the day. She has taken it easy today and making sure she is drinking plenty of water. But now it's high enough that we may have to make an emergency trip run. Anytime it gets to 101, they advised us to go to the ER because of her blood counts being so low. It's not there yet and I hope that it will start to go down now. But we are close. I will keep a check on her all night to make sure the fever stays down.

So tonight while I'm looking through bible verses I found one that seemed to apply for today. Then I happened to look at the number. 48. Go figure.


Luke 8:48
Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

9 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you Kendall. Hope your fever goes down and you feel better tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for Kendall:)

    Best wishes & lots of prayers,
    The Young Family
    Fultondale, AL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scripture. I am praying for you and Kendall and Tammy. May the angels of God watch over you all. Be courageous and don't waiver in your faith. We each have our journeys in life, thank you for sharing this journey with us.
    Love Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning TK,

    Wondering if and praying that your night went smoothly.

    Today's thought..."Faithfulness does not require is to believe without question. Faithfulness requires us to remain committed even when we don't like the answer."

    God's Plan. God's Will. Easy concept to grasp you'd think. But NOOOOOO. I guess it's human nature to want to take control and fix stuff. Fixers - aren't we all? Planners, too. Wanting our way most, if not all, of the time.

    Six days out...why did Kendall get a fever now...she's been doing so well, so good, no complications, everything as expected. God's Plan? Maybe Kendall is supposed to show us that while the world is full of suffering, it's full of overcoming too. Maybe Kendall is acquiring strength from this obstacle; maybe she sees an opportunity in what I see disguised as a problem.

    Look for the God (good) in every situation and you can always come up with a positive thought. It may not make anyone feel better about the circumstances, it may not help - but it does put a different spin, a different take or perspective.

    Prayers that Kendall bounces back and has even more energy than before, that the "almost fever" is just that and not a set back, that travel plans are not interrupted. Praise you Lord and all glory to you. Breathe on Kendall and pour your graces on her that she gently maneuvers through this journey and follow your plan for success. Grant her and her family peace and an understanding that you are lighting their way and are guiding them along the path.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pray your night went well, you are in my prayers day and night. stay strong and hope today is a better day for all of you. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey guys hope all is well. still praying for you guys and hoping that you are coping as well as can be expected. keep your spirits up kendall you are putting up one heck of a fight girl and we all know that you are going to whip this thing.daryl thanks again for your daily updates and your continuing faith, it touches more people than you will ever know. GOD BLESS jeff and kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendall - Hope you get to feeling better before your trip home. I know you are excited about that! So many people here are too. We continue to pray for you all daily.
    Love, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kendall - I pray today that your fever goes down and your energy goes up. You have a wonderful family taking great care of you and so many friends (some you know and some you don't) in your corner as well - praying for you and sending you love from afar. Feel better soon. Much love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not personally know Kendall or the family. Daryl, my boys know you as "Hosco's owner" from your visit to the elementary school. I have several friends who know all of you and that is how I was introduced to this site. As I read the posts daily, I think how blessed Kendall is to have such loving parents to care for her. I have laughed (at the thought of one of G'dales policemen knitting, LOL) and cried (shaving Kendall's hair) as I have followed your blog. I just wanted to let Kendall and the family know that I pray daily for a complete healing and for God to give you the strength you need to get to that point. I wish Kendall the best through this journey and pray all of you are back in Gardendale to stay real soon. Kelly Tittle

    ReplyDelete