Sunday, September 13, 2009

Patience, we all have it in us.

Coming to the end of Kendall's second chemotherapy treatment brings us one step closer to being able to bring her home. I can't say that this has been easy. I feel as if everything has stopped with us and the world continues to turn. I want to try and find a way to jump back into the main stream of things. Kendall is becoming more homesick every day. She has been real tired the last couple of days which we knew was going to happen. Tomorrow is the last treatment and we should find out where her blood levels are at. This treatment has been so different compared to the first one. I don't know if she is more tired because she walks around more or if her body is more tired. Either way, she has slept alot this weekend.

She was able to spend some time with Jessica and Sierra who were out here visiting. They went to the mall one day and walked around for a while. Mostly, we just stayed inside and watched tv. We were able to watch the Auburn and Alabama games Saturday. I was able to pull them up on the Internet. Kendall watched some of the Alabama game but really wasn't interested in football. We went to treatment again this morning and it all seems to be nothing more than routine now. Seeing a lot of the same nurses and other patients almost on a daily basis now. I cooked lunch today for everybody and as far as I know everyone liked it. Cooking at the apartment is better than having to eat out all the time. Now that we have settled in enough, me and Tammy are trying to cook more. Tammy talked to all the kids and other family and friends today on the phone. Minus us not being in Gardendale, it was alot like our normal Sunday from home.


Colossians 1:11
being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father

Having read this verse, Kendall's Journey has started out very strong. All of us wanting it to be over, but knowing we must hang on. I didn't write about something the other night that happened between Kendall, Tammy and me. But now I want to share this. Kendall was having a rough time the other night about being out here. She wants to go home. Other than being a little tired and losing her hair, she hasn't experienced the immediate pain that she does when she has been physically hurt ...say...playing sports. Most of the pain is immediate and you know or rather Kendall knows what is wrong with her. This....this journey has not been like other injuries. It's been complicated, new, overwhelming and frankly, just don't understand it. This "injury" has affected all of us. I know Kendall is the one having to complete it. But we all are going through it. It has made this very emotionally painful on many levels. While Kendall has been extremely strong dealing with this, there comes a time when it is all going to get to her. She has had some little incidents along the way and will probably have a few more before we are done. But I feel that these little moments are helping to mold her to further understand what is happening with her and around her. This plan that God has for her....I know is the right plan. It has put me on a plan that I never expected either. That's why I pray for patience tonight to be with Kendall. SHE WILL be able to look back at this one day and appreciate Gods plan just as I do now for HIM allowing me to be in her life.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is hard to understand God's plan, and patience isn't always easy. Remember that you all have millions of people praying for you constantly. We love you all and are looking forward to the day we see you back in Gardendale.
    Love, Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. stay strong like i know you will. i mean youve been strong enough for me and you put together so i know nothing can take you down. i just want you to know that i cant wait for you to finally be at home and we can go to sumos and the movies and just be us like the normal crazy people we are together. well i love you ken and cant wait for you to finally get here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday Team Kendall,

    After reading the lastest blog entry, I can't help but think about how this diagnosis has changed the lives of so many. You go along through life, never thinking about how your life could be altered in just a nano-second. It's that old "it'd would never happen to me" kind of existence. My eyes have been opened like never before to examine what's good and the blessings I normally take for granted. For instance, the ability to walk out my kitchen door and be on the back deck. I know you guys miss that!!!!

    Today's thought..."All I was trying to do was get home from work." -Rosa Parks

    Sometimes we don't know the why of our circumstances, but be assured that God's plan is not Plan B. Just hang on a few more days. This might just be the most difficult so far, the continued being away from family and home. But whether your in the same house or states away, they're with you, they're working for you, they're loving you and they're wanting you home.

    Prayers for the calming of homesickness, for the wherewithall to swallow the sadness and look forward to happier days, for the next 14 days or so to be easier than you expect and faster than you can imagine. Thank you and praise you Lord for all you have given us. Please the patients at MD Anderson in your loving care and mercy.

    Remember, just do what God set before you and you'll be glorifying him.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    PS...Dylan looked really cute this morning in his new clothes...he's really growing up, so fast, just like they all do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct, this journey is not like the injury journeys Kendall has been on before. Although Kendall is the one receiving all the treatments, we are all sharing her pain, and we will all share her happiness once this is over with. Stand strong for this last treatment today, and just know that I am thinking of you all. Love you, brother David

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kendall - I pray peace and patience for you throughout this journey. I pray that GOD will heal you completely and set you off on the next part of the journey HE has planned for you. I pray you can feel the prayers and love coming to you from so many people and that this brings you comfort and a smile :). Keep up the good work and always remember you are NOT alone in this journey. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know by now the days are feeling all to routine and just wanting to come home and finding it harder to understand. But just say to yourself "this time will pass" and know this time next year you will be back at home and in school and appreciating a routine day that we probably all take for granted. Just like the lazy days on the deck or working in the yards (sometimes or all) we take these times for granted just to be at home living a normal routine.

    From your journey God has placed with all of us we too have realized to appreciate a NORMAL day. And that time will be here very soon for you to. Just keep up the strength, hope and faith we know is so apparent to us all.

    My prayer for you Kendall is that God has that special day in his plan that he just heals and restores completely. All treatment will end because they see nothing wrong. All blood work is normal and they do not see any reason to treat a healthy person that has no signs of Leukemia. This is and has been my prayer for you.

    We love you much.By the way I have not made chicken casserole since the day you left for surgery here at home. Chase asked for it about 2 weeks ago and I said I couldn't, not til Kendall is here to eat with us. So continue to do God's work and hurry home. The Handley's are havin chicken casserole withdrawals.

    Stay strong, This Time Will Pass,
    Prayers lifting up for you by name.
    Ms. Patti


    Ms. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Team Kendall,

    We just continue to pray for you all. Rest in God's arms for you will need much strength when you return. Let God wash and cleanse your blood for the complete healing He has planned. I look forward to Daryl's updates each day so I can sit at the computer and pray for you all. God Bless you every minute on this journey.

    Ann, Nick, Ashley and Nicholas Getwan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, it was great talking to you guys as always..... when I call my plan is to try to uplift you, but by the time I get off the phone, it seems to be the other way around. You always make me feel better. I always enjoy the good conversation and laughs that we have together. Have a great day and glad the 2nd round is almost over. Rest and stay strong. Love. Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey babe,
    It has been a while since I was able to post a message and I know you all understand. We are counting down the days till we have the magic number so you can travel home. I was so hoping with all the company you have had it would make the days go a little faster. It has been such a hard journey for you but you must always remember God has a big plan ahead for you. You have already touched so many lives in a short time and caused a lot of people to become closer in their relationship with God. It is so easy to go day after day with your normal prayer time but, when some one you love is going through a crisis your prayer time becomes more intense. With out valleys we some times take for granite the blessings God gives us, it is times like this we become more aware of His presence. My prayer continue to be that God will give you the strength, courage and peace you need to fight this battle. You are such a strong young lady and I am blessed to be your step Mom. God is good all day long!
    With all our love,
    Dad and Deb
    PS. Daryl I am jealous, the girls raved over your lunch Sunday the said it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I asked the Lord to give me a Scripture to share with you guys and this is what He gave.

    Psalm 27
    Of David.
    1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
    whom shall I fear?
    The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
    of whom shall I be afraid?
    2 When evil men advance against me
    to devour my flesh,
    when my enemies and my foes attack me,
    they will stumble and fall.

    3 Though an army besiege me,
    my heart will not fear;
    though war break out against me,
    even then will I be confident.

    4 One thing I ask of the LORD,
    this is what I seek:
    that I may dwell in the house of the
    LORD all the days of my life,
    to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
    and to seek him in his temple.

    5 For in the day of trouble
    he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
    he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

    6 Then my head will be exalted
    above the enemies who surround me;
    at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy;
    I will sing and make music to the LORD.

    7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD;
    be merciful to me and answer me.

    8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!"
    Your face, LORD, I will seek.

    9 Do not hide your face from me,
    do not turn your servant away in anger;
    you have been my helper.
    Do not reject me or forsake me,
    O God my Savior.

    10 Though my father and mother forsake me,
    the LORD will receive me.

    11 Teach me your way, O LORD;
    lead me in a straight path
    because of my oppressors.

    12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes,
    for false witnesses rise up against me,
    breathing out violence.

    13 I am still confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the LORD
    in the land of the living.

    14 Wait for the LORD;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the LORD.

    Remember Joshua 1:9 and wait for the LORD.

    Be blessed! The Lord your God is with you!

    In Christ's love,
    Brian, Tammy and Lauren Hall

    ReplyDelete