Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's Around This Corner

A day of healthcare at its best. Sometimes you just know what to expect...but you just hope for it not to happen. Another 12 hour day in the books. First thing this morning, 8:00am, Kendall was having blood taken at the hospital. We assumed her counts were going to be low...but they were REALLY low. The doctor ordered platelets as well as 2 units of blood. And we had a Lumbar Puncture to go. Emily wanted to see first hand Kendall's fun filled day of excitement at the hospital. Me and Tammy let Emily hang out with Kendall while we went to the big lobby to sit in the big comfortable chairs. I'll give you one guess what they were doing when I went to check on them. That's right...sleeping. Both of them sound asleep with a blanket pulled over their heads. I don't think the day phased Emily any. Not much excitement at all. Just laying around in the bed.

We talked to the physician's assistant about Kendall's treatment and still everything is going as scheduled. She was a little surprised that Kendall hasn't been more tired than she has due to her blood counts being low. Other than that, we are trying to stay calm about making our brief trip home next week. Just to be sure everything goes well.

With all of that being said, I'm going to turn in early to get a good nights sleep. Neither me or Tammy slept any last night. We both were just thinking about the upcoming events with Kendall and her treatment. What to expect next and trying to explore and research all the possibilities of the next big step. Sounds alot like homework. I'm expecting to make an A.



Ephesians 3:12
In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning all! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I have been extremely busy. That doesn't mean that I have not been thinking about you, because I have. I know those long days at the hospital are just absolutely draining, but you guys are strong and you have the prayers and strength of so many.

    Kendall, I'm so glad to see you are laughiing and smiling through all of this. You have more strngth and courage than anyone I know. You stand strong and the Lord will help you through this. I love you!

    Brother, you continue to stay strong for your family. I want you to know that I am here with you all. You may not be able to see me, but I feel the love and prayers working magic through the Lord. I love you, brother David

    Lord, give Kendall the strength and courage to keep pushing forward in this journey. May You lay Your heavenly Hand on her and heal her. I pray you give Daryl, Tammy, and all, the strength and courage to stand tall. Comfort them through this journey, for You are the Almighty, and miracles do happen. In your precious name, amen...........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that we continue to pray for & think about ya'll daily. Kendall is such an amazing young woman and is truly shining bright for GOD. We will pray everything keeps going as planned (or better) and ya'll get to have a sweet visit at HOME soon. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good uh, lunchtime TK,

    Had an early meeting this morn...so just now getting to the blog for my updates. So happy to hear that the news is good...life these days is measured in lack of tragedies, LOL.

    The goodness just keeps dripping down on you guys...I'm so glad Kendall has some energy and is not so tired...also that she has the motivation to get out and do...that is truly a blessing. So I don't know what's on store for today's activities, but I'm sure hoping you guys have something fun planned.

    Today's quote..."The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch

    This is how I see you guys, all your family, but you three in particular...

    Kendall is on fire to get well..whatever it takes, whatever the drs throw at her...she's just plain doing it. That's what I call Kendall Style.

    Daryl is on fire with scripture and blessing us everyday with his account of this adventure.

    He and Tammy both are on fire with learning about AML and all the medical procedures. They are fulfilling their missions as parents, leaders, and believers. They are showing how to cherish what has been given, in good as well as difficult times. They are on fire for their family and are chasing health to the moon and back. Again, whatever it takes.

    Stay lit. It is pleasing to God.

    Prayers for the fastest week in the history of the universe, for no complications, for safe travels. Thank you Lord for all you give us and for all you expect from us. Let all our souls be on fire. All praise and glory...

    Lifting you up
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Kendall,
    We wanted you to know that we are praying for you everyday. We hope you have a great visit home. Again, thank you for keeping us up-to-date.

    Love, Kim & Steve Mulford

    ReplyDelete