Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What's Wrong with Me

I'm reading through the Bible tonight looking for passages and verses that continue to keep me pressing through this Blog of Kendall's Journey. I playback the days events, the phone calls and the talks we have had today. I try and keep up with the world going on outside of Houston. And the world has not stopped. Everyone still has to live their life, moving forward. It bothers me sometimes to think how easy it is to get caught up in something and not take the time to see what's really important. My life is what I make it. Sure, I can mess up the plan that God has for me or I can continue to drive towards his light doing good for his purpose. Kendall's Journey is showing me what is really important in my life.....

....This family continues to work together for the purpose that has been placed before us. The love is shinning down at every minute of the day onto us. So much is happening around us, I wish you could see it as I do.

Friends and neighbors are supporting and loving our every need. How great is the love and friendship of neighbors. So great, that I long for the day to embrace each of you to try and express how much you have meant to all of us.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.



Kendall slept in a little late this morning from the long day at the hospital yesterday. Keith and Deb came over to the apartment to visit with her for a while. She was so happy to see them. That smile of hers continued to glow. We sat around and talked about Kendall and her doctors, normal hospital cancer treatment stuff. We talked so much that Kendall wanted to get out of the apartment for a while. Keith and Deb took her out for an afternoon on the town. Me and Tammy decided to go the grocery store while they were gone. They went to eat at Olive Garden, one of Kendall's other favorite places to eat. They also got some exercise walking around Houston.

Not much went on after that. A quite evening at the apartment and turning in early. Thursday we meet Kendall's doctor to hopefully find out the results from the test earlier this week.

What's wrong with me is I always seemed to know what a loving family we have. We have always been close. Our friends are dear to us and we talked often, even before all of us. Our neighbors have always looked out for us as we have looked out for them. In a sense you could say that even our friends and neighbors are FAMILY as well. But....to see what I'm seeing now, I don't know what I've done to deserve the blessings that you are showing to Kendall and to us. From the deepest part of my heart, I say thank you, I love you and God Bless You!

6 comments:

  1. hey guys , hope you are all doing well. kendall, my prayer for you is that GOD will continue to give you the strength and peace to continue to fight the good fight and beat this thing.don't worry about the "hair thing" because you are just as beautiful either way. daryl, i really enjoyed our talk and hope that you will call if you ever need to talk again or just "vent" a little. continue to be strong for your family and never lose sight of the finish line. tammy,i can't imagine the feelings you feel everyday or the uncertainty of the situation, but just remember that we are all praying for you and miss you. you guys are special to us and we hope to see you soon.GOD BLESS jeff, kim,and taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kendall I hope you got a good night sleep and make sure you take a cat nap today to gain a whole lot of energy for this weekend. Chase will be on his way at 5:20 and be there at 7:o5 and I can tell he is bringing a lot of energy and excitement.You guys have a great labor day weekend and just have a nice vacation in Houston. Let God take over and let him deal with this and you just enjoy all the company, jokes and laughter that i know will be there.
    By the way don't you worry about the hair in all the comments Chase has ever said about you was something about your big ole smile, cute personality, and the way you light of the room when you walk in, never has he said oh its her hair that makes the day (sorry). So you keep lighting up the room with that smile and personality, that is all anyone needs.

    Know my prayers are nonstop all day. Always asking chase about you , in fact he says i get on his nerves and will say mom she is still sitting in the same spot as when you ask me 2 mins ago. Just want to know you are ok.

    Again you guys have fun and enjoy the long weekend.

    Many Many Prayers lifting you up,
    Love you much,
    Ms. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, I want you to know how often I think of, and pray, and speak to others about you guys and know how God is watching over you and protecting you through this storm in your lives.

    I read the blog everyday, even though I don't comment every day. I wish you the best, wish I was closer to all of you, and wish there was more I could do for you.

    Please know Daryl how special you are to me. How I have loved you and your brothers and sister for so long and feel that you are the best nephew in the world. I don't know why you and Tammy and Kendall have to go thru this, but I know that God has a purpose.

    The yellow boggan was so cute. I was surprised that you knit. Kendall is as cute as ever, and will be even without hair.. Tell her just to look how cute YOU are w/o it and that will convince her it will be alright.

    Have a blessed Labor Day weekend. I know you guys are tired. Get some rest and We will be together again real soon.
    Love Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to let you know what an inspiration you are to all of us. We continue to pray for each of you. God is already using you guys in a mighty way. Stay encouraged, keep up the good fight. We love you.

    The Ryders

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thursday to you all - I'm glad you were able to have a "lazy" day for a change. I pray that happens more and more often. I'm praying also for GREAT results, but I know that WHATEVER path God has in store for you, you will graciously take it and not only will you be victorious at the end, you will shine for HIM so bright during it that everyone will have to see what a wonderful GOD we serve. Keep up the good work and have a great weekend - I know you are looking forward to seeing Chase and I'm sure WHATEVER ya'll do will be just what the doctor ordered (sorry - couldn't resist a little medical humor). Love to all, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey my brother. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you all. Hope you have a good day and I can't wait to see Dylan this weekend. There is nothing wrong with you, you and each and every one of us are blessed, it just sometimes takes something like Kendall's journey that allows us to see what we actually have. It's always been there, and always will be. Love you my brother, please give Kendall and Tammy hugs for me. Talk to you soon, David

    ReplyDelete