Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finally Home

Finally Home! This is a song by Mercy Me that I have listened to daily since we left Birmingham. I told Kendall and Dylan that I was going to play this song every day until we were able to return home. Even so much as I downloaded it to my cell phone and made it my ring tone. Something to give me extra incentive to bring Kendall home. And as of this writing, we will be coming home on Wednesday. Although it will be just for the weekend, it's still a much needed trip home. Kendall is doing well enough that the doctor said to go. Kendall is still really tired but I don't think I could keep her here any longer. She is ready to see her family and friends and of course...Chase. Her blood counts are still low but they are starting to climb slowly.

Looking forward to the rest of this week...I can already see that the week is going to be nonstop. It's something Tammy and I can't wait to tackle. A little break from the daily trips to the hospital, especially for Kendall. I just hope that she is able to enjoy the next few days without any complications or any fever. We are going to try and leave all of that here in Houston.

We are so thankful and blessed to all of our family and friends who have taken time out of their life to think of Kendall and greatly appreciate everything you have done for us. Tonight I wanted to give a special thank you to all of Kendall's friends. People that she goes to school with, grew up with and shares her lifes experiences with. I read through the bible looking for something to lift you up....to remind you that someone is always there for you....and to renew your strength and faith , just as you have done for Kendall. The verse tonight is for you and I pray that it finds a place in your heart...........


Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

7 comments:

  1. Daryl, Momma & Kendall,
    We are all SUPER EXCITED about your arrival tomorrow. I can see it now- hugs, tears of joy & laughter. I love ya'll very much and look forward to the next 5 days. Hope you have a safe flight and we will see you tomorrow night. Love you bunches!!!

    PS- This is the best birthday gift ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. daryl, tam, kennnul!
    i am sooo excited i get to see yall this weekend. you have no idea!! perfect song and perfect verse! thanks daryl for giving us this blog to read i would be a wreck if i didn't have my daily update of my ken! i looooveee yall soooo much and i and many others cant wait to see yall:))!!!
    love kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yippeeee. Great News. Hope & Pray that it will be just what you all need. I will try to come by sometime and hope to see all of you. Love you all bunches.
    Love Aunt Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well you get to come home for a visit. I will be praying for safe travel both directions and wonderful times while you're here. Will continue sending prayers and love your way. Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally....I can truly relate to this experience of 'coming home'. Living in CA. recently,for 3 years, was a real trial for me in having to be away from all family, except for my husband. I can only describe the feeling of landing in B'ham as 'Standing on Holy ground'.....to me that summed it up. Home is; Love, Laughter, Warmth, Peace, Joy, Family, Friends, Familiarity, Memories (old and new), Game Playing, and mostly 'God-Filled'. May you guys have all the joy of this 'home-coming' as I did with mine. May you each be rejuvenated and blessed beyond measure. Living away, I learned to NEVER take for granted....as I did in the past....embracing, absorbing, and savoring each precious moment until the next time. I pray that sweet Kendall will experience a special 'healing' in hanging with family and friends. May it be spiritually theraputic for her.
    Enjoy...Love and Blessings To You All,

    Denise Tubbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, TK! I've heard through the Granny grapevine that you made it safe and sound and that everyone had a great visit tonight (Wednesday nite). Kendall, I finally had a chance to see the recent movie. All I can say is you are absolutely breath taking without any "cranial enhancements". Your eyes and smile shine so beautifully. And your head is such a pretty shape. 'Nuff said...

    I hope you have a wonderful visit home and are able to go back to Houston refreshed both in spirit and body. You remain in my prayers, Team Kendall. My love to all of you.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am super excited for you all to be able to go home, even if it is just for the weekend! I know that it is a much needed trip, and I hope and pray that Kendall enjoys every second of it seeing her family and friends!! I wish I could be there to see her, but you all are in my heart and please know that I love and pray for you everyday! Have a safe trip home, and know that I am thinking of you all everyday!!

    ReplyDelete