Saturday, September 19, 2009

Continued Healing

Sitting here tonight watching football, Kendall working on her scrapbook and Tammy working on a a puzzle....thinking about how much we miss being home. I didn't post Friday as we were at the hospital all day. What was supposed to be a routine blood work turned in to a 12 hour visit. Friday started off good with the nurses drawing the blood and even getting the lab work back fairly quick. Then we meet with the physician assistant. She told us Kendall's counts were low, which we expected and that she wanted Kendall to get 2 pints of blood. From that point on, confusion set in. The orders were wrote wrong and the communication between the lab and doctor just shut down. For about 3 hours, no one could tell us what we needed to do. Not to mention that it was Friday, the busiest day for the lab. after I got upset at the lab nurses, they figured out where the problem was and apologized to Kendall for the delay. From that point forward it went better but there was so many people. So about 9:30pm, we walked out of the hospital to go to the apartment. They said Kendall should be fine for the weekend but to watch her close due to the low counts. As soon as we got back, Kendall went to sleep. I stayed up and browsed through the Internet on AML and related research. I also started reading a book. I know...me reading a book, knitting...what else will happen to me. But the book is really good and keep me occupied while we were at the hospital.

Today, we sanitized the apartment...again. Me and Tammy went to the grocery store while Kendall rested quietly for her "alone time". We wasn't gone long, the grocery store is across the street. Back in time for the Auburn game. It was a nail biter for a little bit, but the best team won....of course. War Eagle!!!

Its getting late so I'll go but just to let you know, Kendall is doing amazingly well and getting plenty of rest. She did mention today that she is going to start getting back in the gym with me. I was glad to hear that. I have been looking for a batting cage to take her to, can't let her skills get down. She just smiled and said whatever.


Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

4 comments:

  1. I hope yall get good rest tonight cuz ill be landing in Houston in about 18 hours! woohoo! I am all for hittin the gym next week which means i guess i should pack some tennis shoes ha...oh and I'm gonna give you some of my good blood this time since i couldnt last time we were there..I'm really pumped about this week..I Love You ALOT!! MUAH!!! :))
    -EmerS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday TK,

    Ok, I'm sitting here, just out of bed, checking the blog, and I find myself laughing hysterically. I really mean it, I just about almost spit milk all over my keyboard. The picture of Daryl standing toe-to-toe with some mean, cranky, bossy Nurse Cratchet and getting his way and then having her apologize...it's alot like David and Goliath...Way to go Daryl!!!! I'm impressed.

    Today's quote..."I've decided the stuff falling through the cracks is confetti and I'm having a party." -Betty Garmon

    It seems to me that you guys are on a detour from your 'real' lives and the map you were given is leading you in circles. I can not fathom what it's like to go through such a trial...but be assurred if I had to, I could take your model and function and overcome and achieve. Each time you run into a road block, you figure out a way over it, around it, or straight through it.

    Prayers for the next week to go by fast, be easy on Kendall, and easy on D&T, for fun times with visitors, for continued determination and stamina. Thank you Lord, all praise and glory are yours. Please hold this family in the palm of your hand and grant them comfort, peace and wellness.

    Lifting you up,
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Monday

    Good Morning TK,

    Ok, I'm all for Daryl getting a day off, but come on, how do you expect me to function without my daily dose of TK news? Good thing I talked to Tammy last night!!!!

    Today's quote..."It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts." - Addison Walker

    A week and two days!!!! Picture flying hurkeys, toe touches, spirit fingers...lol...
    Kendall, you pack girl, because God is listening and he knows you need some home loving.

    Whatever is in store for this week, you guys just keep thinking about Wednesday next...you can do anything for a week with those kind of thoughts rolling around in your minds.

    Prayers for nine days of everything good, for energy and strength to enjoy visitors, for patience and the 'push' to get you through til Wednesday. Thanks to you Lord for this inspiring family, for friends, for your love. Shield us Lord with your protection and provide us the grace to seek you in every situation.

    Lifting you up
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things continue to go good. I was thinking earlier that while I complain when the weekend is over - for ya'll it means another week down & brings you closer to finishing/winning this journey and coming HOME. Just wanted to let you know we have been thinking about/praying for you and know you'll have good days ahead. Lots of love, Anne & Chuck Belcher

    ReplyDelete