Saturday, September 26, 2009

Pile It On

These last couple of days, I have struggled to not think about the past 6 weeks or so. Kendall has done good for the most part. There were a couple of times that her fever went up and we were on pins and needles. Kendall still seems really tired to me but she doesn't want us to think she is. Her and Emily and Tammy have laughed and talked all week. I kinda feel left out because I often find myself being on the tail end of a conversation. And then we received a call Friday night that Dylan may have broke his arm at the football game. Dylan helps out Coach Myric on the sidelines during the High School football game and this happened right before the game. My mother ended up taking him to Childrens Hospital emergency room. The doctors couldn't say whether or not it was broken because of the swelling. But they put him in a cast so he couldn't move it. It is the same arm that he broke last year when he played youth football at Gardendale.

With all of this going on and several other issues, not pertaining to Kendall, I once again become overwhelmed. I have spread my arms as far as they can go. I will continue to stand my ground and fight this as long as I can. But how much can I accomplish from so far away. At times I feel so vulnerable to the surroundings. Today, even though things seemed to be going smooth, I looked into the bible to find help to accomplish all these things. To give me guidance to make it through each and every day.

Kendall is so looking forward to her trip home next week. She has already been planning what to do each day. Hopefully this can renew her already amazing strength to finish the treatments without any problems.


Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn [a] of my salvation, my stronghold.

4 comments:

  1. Stay the course and keep the faith. We are all here with you and sending good thoughts and love your way. Lean on us if you need extra help.

    Deb Nichols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother, you will always be on the tail end when you are outnumbered by the women, don't let that bother you. Hope the little guy is okay, maybe the cast will not inhibit him from performing his duties for Coach Myric. I know you all are looking forward to the trip home, be safe in your travels and I wish I could come see you. Stand strong, you are accomplishing more than you know, you are touching the lives of many with your writings in this blog. You continue to find the perfect bible verse, no matter what is going on around you. HE is our rock and HE will not lead us astray. I love you brother!

    Kendall, so glad to hear you are laughing and getting to spend some time with Emily. I know Emily would not want to be in another place at this time. Keep fighting that fever girl! You continue to show amazing strength and courage during this journey God has put you on. There are many many prayers coming your way, and they will not stop. I have watched the last video over and over again. You are so beautiful and your smile is overwhelming. Hope you have a wonderful time when you come home this next week. Although I will not be able to see you, please know that I am there beside you. I love you!

    "Lord, I continue to pray that you hold Kendall in the palm of your precious and healing hand. The courage and strength you are providing to all of us is simply amazing. Thank you for your many blessings, and I know the blessings will continue to pour out of the sky. Watch over Daryl, Tammy, and Kendall as they travel home this next week. Lord, I ask that you give strength and courage to the many people we do not know who are going through the same thing Kendall is. I also pray for my family and friends, for without their many prayers and support, I would be lost. I pray this in your precious name, amen."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning TK,

    I, and so many others, wish that your "pile" could be moved from your shoulders. If we could only put it in a wheelbarrow, or truck bed, and haul it off to the dump. Now wouldn't that be a miracle.

    Ed and Lyn are Godsends for you guys...They
    are right on top of things. Your emotions are on overload...and I can't imagine trying to cope with everything, plus being strong, plus understanding medical-ese, plus being away, plus, plus, plus. I read on here from every person that you have a boatload of support..whatever you guys need there are dozens of people just sitting on ready to do it, give it, pray it. And that's got to be a comfort.

    Today's thought..."They gave him a manger for a cradle, a carpenter's bench for a pulpit, thorns for a crown and a cross for a throne. HE took them and made them the very glory of his career." - W. E. Orchard

    Prayers today for your shoulders to be stronger that you ever thought, that the weight on them is easily carried and that you look always heavenward. Grant peace, Lord, and a calming presence for this family as they continue to shine for your and your glory.

    Lifting you up,
    Tina, Randy and Nicolette

    ps: Dylan was texting Nic last night so his cast didn't inhibit him too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey dad,mom and kendall i love yall so much that i might have broken my wrist but ill be fine love yall so much bye

    ReplyDelete