Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Open Doors

Bone Marrow, bone marrow, bone marrow.....How many Bone Marrow Aspirations can a girl have, was Kendall's question today. Her lower back looks like a pin cushion from all the needles they are sticking in there. Kendall was really upset today thinking she was having a biopsy instead of an aspiration. A biopsy they would actually remove part of the bone. Aspiration is when they take out just the fluid. Both of them are painful and Kendall was not looking forward to either of them today. However, when we arrived at the hospital and the nurse asked her if she was ready for the aspiration, a sigh of relief went over Kendall's face. She said at least they won't be grinding in my bones. As me and Tammy were sitting there, we began to talk to a couple from Louisiana that were there for treatment as well. Maxine Pharr has been having treatment for 11 years at MD Anderson hospital and said she has been through all of it. Mrs. Pharr has Lymphoma and it has been off and on in her body all this time. She would smile as Kendall and me aggravated one another in the waiting room. Mrs. Pharr began to ask about Kendall and then she began to tell us about some of her experiences. She talked about her children and grandchildren as well as friends of hers. Kendall went back for her procedure and we continued to talk to our new friends. When Kendall came out, ready to go, Mrs. Pharr asked if we would mind her putting Kendall on her prayer request at their church. We exchanged names and told her we would do the same and ask people we know to pray for her...

We went straight to the apartment this afternoon, no walking or anything. Kendall had been very quite this morning and said that she didn't sleep good. So I said, dinner and a movie. And that's what we did. Tammy had started a roast this morning before we left and your sure could smell it when we walked in the apartment this afternoon. Another lazy afternoon as Kendall caught up on some rest and we .....did the same.

We think they are going to start her treatment tomorrow afternoon. Kendall is on the schedule for 5:00pm. We will find out in the morning when we go for blood work. Chemo treatments will probably last 4-5 hours tomorrow, which will make out for a long day at the hospital.

We got to see Karsyn on the webcam tonight. Whitney and Chad and Emily too. Karsyn sure has grown and is even starting to roll over now. Can't wait to be able to hold her again. Dylan called as well to update me on his turtle. I got to see him last night. I'm thinking the turtle is small but when I saw it, it's alot bigger than I thought. The turtle will make a nice addition to the animals we currently have.

An early day as well as a long day expected at the hospital tomorrow so I want leave you with a quick prayer and verse.


Revelation 3:8
I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you that no one can close. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.

Lord, I'm asking for an open door to heal. Please place healing on our new friend, Mrs. Maxine Pharr.

John 16:24
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

Lord, I'm asking for an open door to heal. Please place healing on Kendall.

9 comments:

  1. Let us pray, Lord we lift Kendall Thomas up to you to her lord. That you would put your healing hands on her lord that when they check her again that there would be nothing there,Because Lord we know that you are the almight healer lord. Lord put your loving and comforting hands upon this family, During this time.We ask this holy most wonderful name AMEN. During times like these we wonder why does God do this for. I'm remind of the story in bible Book of Job. Satan took everything away from Job to see if would curse god to his face. We have to remeber god was plan for everything he does. We may not understand it now but one day i belive we will. Coming to a conclusion the bible talks about some times Jeuse heal the sick like when heal the blind man. May God bless yall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh it was soo good to see yall! and Kendall remember what to look for in the airport when yall come get me! :)) hahaha I love yall tons and Tam next time lets keep that under control ;) ha Start preparing for a week long of fun when i get there!! Hugs and Kisses

    oh and Daryl call me sometime tomorrow please...

    -Emers

    ReplyDelete
  3. If two or three believers can come together in agreement in their prayer to the Lord, God the Father will move to answer that prayer. In Matthew 18:19 it says, "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them."

    Dear heavenly Father, I come to you tonight to ask forgiveness of our sins. Thank you for being so merciful Lord & thank you for giving Kendall the strength to face each day with courage. I come to you Father in agreement with Daryl that Kendall will be healed. She will have peace & healing. I agree with Daryl that Mrs. Pharr will receive healing & although she has battled for 11 years, she will live the rest of her days here on Earth, cancer free. Keep an army of angels around these families Father & let them feel your presence. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!

    Hope everything goes by fast tomorrow!!
    ♥ Shana Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARYL, TAMMY, AND KENDALL:
    KNOW THAT WE ARE PRAING FOR YOU. YOU ARE ALL CONSTANTLY ON MY HEART AND MIND! I WISH I COULD DO MORE FOR U. KENDALL, U ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION FOR YOUR AMAZING COURAGE AND FAITH. KNOW THAT THRU ALL THE UPS AND DOWNS OF THIS ROLLER COASTER U ARE ON U ARE NOT ALONE! YOU HAVE SO MANY PRAYERS GOING UP FOR U AND GOD HIMSELF IS WITH YOU. "BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS! DO NOT TREMBLE OR BE DISMAYED, FOR THE LORD YOUR GOD IS WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO." JOSHUA 1:9

    LOVE YOU ALL,
    CHRISSIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning all! Just wanted to let you all know I was thinking of you. Got back from Fredericksburg last night and said another prayert for you before hitting the bed. I did shave my head as well, just as I promised. Didn't take long since there was only the sides to do. Bald is beautiful Kendall! Just know that yours is going to grow back but mine will not. It's okay though, I'm used to it by now, Daryl can vouch for that. Stay strong girl and I hope today is a good day for you.

    You should be receiving your prayer quilt and "purple goodie box" tomorrow from my friends in Fredericksburg. I was absolutely stunned when I saw it and you will be too. I hope it brings a smile to your face. The quilt is awesome and so many have prayed over it just for you. There are strings off of it and anyone else who wants to pray for you can do so and then tie a knot in it. Check out all the knots there all ready! What is a "purple goodie box"? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. It comes from a special person and she is a purple freak, so use your imagination and just wonder what color everything in it is.

    "I pray this morning Lord that you watch over Kendall throughout this round two of treatments. Give her strength and courage to help her through every day. I pray for Mrs. Pharr, that you also give her strength and courage. I pray you give everyone going through such a journey strength and courage to stand strong. Lord, I pray for my friends and family this morning, that you give them strength and courage to make it through their day. In His preciuos name, Amen."

    Brother, stand strong. I love you, brother David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Team Kendall,

    Hoping you all had a restful night and are ready for the day ahead.

    I am fairly bursting with pride, inspiration and awe when I read Daryl's account of your lives in Houston. I've always thought Mary showed perfect obedience to God when He called her, as a teenager, to be the mother of our Savior. I admired that...to have so much faith that whatever happens to know God will take care of everything.

    Kendall is displaying this kind of character over and over. Daryl and Tammy and the rest of the family are showing us daily how to push through, how to really connect with each other and how to dip into the faith bucket time and time again for another enriching drink.

    Today's thought..."I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary." - Lou Holtz

    Shine on you guys...you're not climbing a mountain, you're moving it and God handed you the shovel. Ordinary...never.

    Prayers for continued spiritual grace to drench you. Thank you Lord for putting Ms. Pharr into our realm of prayers. Keep her and hers under your umbrella of protection and have gentle mercy on her.

    Lifting you up
    Randy, Tina and Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, Darrell and Kendall, I continue to pray for you all daily. with love Regina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Daryl, for this Blog. I check it first thing every morning to see how things are going with all of you.

    Kendall has always been very special to us and we are praying daily for complete healing. We love you all and can't wait for you to come home.

    Kendall, keep that beautiful smile on your face.

    Love,
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got to the blog! Daddy was having trouble with the computer at home. You know his memory these days! I've been asking about all of you every time I talk to him. I love you all very much. It's times like these I wish I would have/could have spent more time together all these years, but guess you can't dwell on the past. The present and the future is what I look forward to. I pray every time I turn around. It puts such a different perspective on these situations after working in oncology for a while. You know all the facts and behind the scenes working. I can never say I know JUST how you feel. No one can. I can say that after years of sitting by peoples sides, giving their chemo, and holding them while they cry gives me an understanding of what you ALL are going through. I want you ALL to know you are in my prayers and that I am always here...to talk, to cry, to listen, or just sit there in silence. Kendall...you are beautiful and I have all the faith in the world that you are going to come though this...and on the other side of this you will be...Braver, Stronger, and more Courageous that ever. You all will look back on this and say...I whooped that cancers booty! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete